Recovery console

I am trying to install the recovery console on my P4 2.6 with Windows XP
Home SP2 installed. When I follow the instructions I put in the original
Windows XP Home CD and I get amessage that it is a different or older
version of windows and cant proceed. I tried inserting the SP2 CD but it
doesnt seem to have the necessary files. How do I install the recovery
console on Windows XP SP2?. Can anybody assist me.

With the original XP CD & with the SP2 CD at hand, you can first make a slipstream CD. Then afterwards use that CD to setup Recovery Console as a bootup option.

Make a slipstream CD of your XP with SP2
<http://www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/winxp-sp2-bootcd.html >

HTH
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

Picolo Pete wrote:
> I am trying to install the recovery console on my P4 2.6 with Windows
> XP Home SP2 installed. When I follow the instructions I put in the
> original Windows XP Home CD and I get amessage that it is a different
> or older version of windows and cant proceed. I tried inserting the
> SP2 CD but it doesnt seem to have the necessary files. How do I
> install the recovery console on Windows XP SP2?. Can anybody assist
> me.

This site will work and has been updated and I have used it successfully to
create a bootable integrated CD..The other site is vague and incomplete and I
had no success using that site...
http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1626&page=1

j;-)