[SOLVED] Recovery drive & erase of hard drive

May 31, 2019
Hello to the forum,

I am relatively new to all this and think that I completely screwed up.
I created a exFAT partition on my existing hard drive (which also contained a Mac partition with photos and other backups). Up to this point ecverything seemed to be working fine.
On my PC, using the same hard drive I then tried to create a windows 8 recovery drive on this partition which I thought would only format the partition and not the entire hard drive.
Now when I connect my Hard drive to my mac I cannot see my Mac partition anymore and only see the recovery drive of windows 8.

An chance I can get back the files from my previous mac partition or did windows wipe out my entire drive for the creation of this recovery drive ?

Thanks for your help and hope that there is a solution otherwise I am in deep s@#$.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 31, 2019
Thanks for the reply.
I used the windows 8 built in program and ended up putting my data in an unallocated space. Using the mac Software RecoverIt I managed to get back the data even though I lost the folders and organization of files.
Not the best of solutions but I am happy that I did not lose all my pictures etc.

Thanks for the help !

TRENDING THREADS