Question Recovery, It Looks like windows didnt load correctly and no admin account

Shocking777

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2013
Hello,

So i recently sold my old PC to my girlfriend brother and since he was in a different city, i shipped it and the courier wrapped up the PC with bubble wraps and shipped it with a wooden crate. Before i sent the PC, i did a clean swipe and was able to power on the PC and installed a couple of apps he asked me to install for him. After he received my PC, he didnt powered it on for about 2 weeks, but it shows that Windows didnt load correctly. I tried searching on the internet for the solution and found one which was system restore but Windows told me that he has to logged in on an admin account but there are no admin accounts.

So is there a way to fix this without using the admin accounts or create an admin account from there?

P.S.: i asked him to check on bios and it seems that both hard disks that is installed on the PC is detected, and he tried to reinstall windows using the one from the windows didnt load correctly menu and it still doesnt work. I'm asking him to install windows from a flash disk/cd to see if it could work

Shocking777

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2013
Hello,

So i recently sold my old PC to my girlfriend brother and since he was in a different city, i shipped it and the courier wrapped up the PC with bubble wraps and shipped it with a wooden crate. Before i sent the PC, i did a clean swipe and was able to power on the PC and installed a couple of apps he asked me to install for him. After he received my PC, he didnt powered it on for about 2 weeks, but it shows that Windows didnt load correctly. I tried searching on the internet for the solution and found one which was system restore but Windows told me that he has to logged in on an admin account but there are no admin accounts.

So is there a way to fix this without using the admin accounts or create an admin account from there?

P.S.: i asked him to check on bios and it seems that both hard disks that is installed on the PC is detected, and he tried to reinstall windows using the one from the windows didnt load correctly menu and it still doesnt work. I'm asking him to install windows from a flash disk/cd to see if it could work

Colif

Win 11 Master
how are there no admin accounts?

If there are 2 hdd in PC, he should remove power cable from one of them when reinstalling win 10 as it has a terrible habit of putting itself on spare space on other drives if given the chance.

With no admin, and very little actually on PC after a reset, I would suggest a clean install is easiest option. He should follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

when he gets to part asking for a license, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished - asd I assume you didn't use a Microsoft account to register it for him.

He will need to reinstall those apps you installed for him.

TRENDING THREADS