Recovery Media Creation in Windows 8

stdahal

Reputable
Oct 28, 2014
Guys, My laptop came with a recovery partition(SSD) that had the recovery file to recover my computer. I want to know how can I make an exact same recovery file that came stored in the recovery partition(SSD) with my HP envy 14 TS sleekbook?

mc962

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
Get a usb that is at least 16 gb (at least that was the size I needed). Then go to the option "Create a recovery drive" and click the box to copy your recovery partition onto this large usb. After this you will be given the option to delete the partition off your computer, but I wouldn't recommend that.

In the future you may boot from that recovery usb and recover at will

stdahal

Reputable
Oct 28, 2014

I mean, I want a recovery partition not a recovery drive or CD/DVD. Like the one that my laptop came with initially.

mc962

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
That should make the recovery partition, just on separate media, or did you not read my answer carefully? It copies the recovery image of windows in that partition, bloatware and everything
Or just read through this to see what Im talking about:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-usb-recovery-drive

^^This is the tool that comes with Windows, and I have used it to recover a windows installation on a friends laptop after it was accidentially deleted, it brought it right back (although took a few hours, but Windows never did that stuff very quickly). There are probably other tools that could do it, but the one in Windows comes with your OS and is pretty easy to use and works just fine

stdahal

Reputable
Oct 28, 2014

I did whatever it said but in my computer the option to copy the recovery partition from the PC to the recovery drive is greyed out. But that is not all. After creating the recovery drive, my pen drive consists of only only the recovery tools and a bootable image, but not a recovery image to use for refreshing or resetting my PC. What should I do? I am not getting any answers. I have a recovery partition, that i've used to create a new volume i.e. my ssd with the drive letter F:
b9UuzZ1.png