[SOLVED] Recovery mode after power loss and I can't copy files off the PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cole.perera

Prominent
Jul 18, 2018
Yesterday there was a power dip in my area and my UPS couldn't keep up as my PC was under full load. Upon restarting it booted into the recovery environment and failed to repair the problem. I then inserted my Win10 boot media to try repair that way, also failed. I then decided to boot to a different drive (from my laptop) copy my flies off, delete the old C drive and reinstall windows from scratch. The file transfer started at good speed and held for about 50mb before freezing at 0b/s.

My last try was to shrink a partition on the PC itself and install windows there, worked fine got to the desktop, but when I tried to move my documents over I experienced the same freezing as before. I don't know what else to try any help would be greatly appreciated.
Specs:
I5-7600k (OC 5.1Ghz)
Asus z270g
16GB HyperX 3000mhz
EVGA superclocked GTX 1080
4TB Seagate Barracuda pro (optane accelerated)
Corsair RM 850w

Cole.perera

Prominent
Jul 18, 2018
Can you show screenshots from HDtune health for both of your drives?
Here's the health of my Harddrive which everything is currently running off, including a new version of Windows in a separate partition:
HDTune-Health-ST4000-DM006-2-G5107.png

Trying to view the health of my optane module gives me this blue screen:
IMG-20190821-215723.jpg

Cole.perera

Prominent
Jul 18, 2018
You're not going to be able to retrieve data from an old installation of the OS(Windows 10) in spite of running a donor system with Windows 10.
Update:
I did exactly this, I noticed that it was only sticking on certain files so I was able to pull everything except those specific ones off my computer. (some Nvidia driver) I reinstalled windows, pasted my files back in place and everything works perfectly!

Status
Not open for further replies.