Recovery of My Documents.

Blakenstein

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011
I still use XP - can buy new comp. any time, but only when I really have to. Anyway, I had XP/64 Pro -disk says " Student Version" on it. After I updated Crome In my regedit, I messed around and as a fool, I deleted some Slumbereger card readers. My input sudenly stopped working, so I restarted computer, and It will not go to the desk top. It is not reading. I inserted my Windows disk to try but it will not read the disk.
I pulled out my Hard drive, and shoved in my old one that has windows 32. and, here I am.
QUESTION: If I take my HD / xp64, to an expert, will he /she, be able to open up my HD to recover my documents, or should I consider my documents on that HD, gone????? NOW I UPDATE!!!! It is now a couple o weeks later and I went and bought a new PC. HAHHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAAAHAH The best deal I could find for the money!! You wont belive this!!
It is a Certified DATA AMD A6 7400 K 7/PRO ( LOADED WITH WINDOWS 7)They even gave me a 7/pro recovery disk with it. 1 TB HARD DRIVE, 8GB RAM, EXPANDABLE TO..........64GB!!! 400WT POWER SUPPLY, I can even change out the cpu to an AMD A10 and get a graphics card that 'll run on a 400 watt power supply, but I don't have to, cause this machine runs GREAT!!!! WOW!!! WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! and guess how much????? It was on sale brand new for only $650.oo regular it sells for $700.oo not bad hey??? like man its got every thing!!!! well, good bye xp, but we will still see each other cause Im keeing you around on my old HP cause I want to keep my outlook express. and for my old hard drive? .............................................................what hard drive????

Blakenstein

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011

Thanks for your reply , Scott, Ya, I have the XP 64/Pro installation disk with the recovery option, I tried it, but I did not try everything. Anyway, I looked up the problem on the Net, and someone said to bypass recovery councel and go straight to,installation repair, but I knew that this was wrong, cause I've reinstalled Windows a few times before and I know what that does, but I tried it anyway and now I got 2 OS on the Drive, and one of them is waiting to overwrite the hole thing.
Anyway, thanks for your advice, I will do research to find recovery software, and If I really want my documents back, I will take it in ,but it will cost me about $ 300.oo. Right now I am really loving my new PC. Certified Data . It has an ASUS mother board, with dual core 3.5 g htz cpu. for only $ 684.oo ( gst)

If your have your original drive you don't need to do any recovery on it, your files will be there unless you did something to the drive. Just install it as a secondary drive and get the files directly from your user directory.

For $650 that was not a very good deal for the system, you could have built a gaming system with a much faster CPU and a good video card for that much. Even for $500 it's possible to build a faster system.