Question Recovery usb shows in Bios but can't passed thru WinRE

Feb 20, 2019
For so many times whenever I encountered problems with windows 10, I have the convenience of using my usb as an installer. It perfectly goes well.

Recently, ntoskrnl.exe caused lots of trouble. That's the time windows recovery environment is the dominating force. I tried everything using different solutions and options available on the recovery environment. None of these worked.

My desktop pc is Asus H97M-E core i5.

So it asked for a recovery tool. I inserted the usb I am always using with a clean installation as the purpose. The usb shows in Bios. I had it set as the first boot device. Fast boot is disabled. Secure boot is disabled. I am booting from OTHER OS like I used to do.

Here lies problem. Windows is still booting from the hard drive???? because it keeps on returning to "repairing your computer" and gives options to use a recovery media or ENTER to try again or press F8. It is happening repeatedly. Tried to remove CMOS, RAM same thing goes. I only have one drive where windows is installed.

Any proven and tested method for this kind of problem? It's been weeks I am struggling to look for a solution.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I wonder, I have an Asus Z97 Pro and on those motherboards you have to fully initialise the USB slots before it will boot off one, so I bet yours is the same.

in the boot menu under advanced settings change the usb mode to full initialization then save and restart. this will enable all usb devices and it will boot from the usb automatically.

Your bios is virtually identical to me, only difference is how much detail your manual actually shows about the menus, if you interested in what anything does, just grab the Z board manual as its same bios just lost more info

TRENDING THREADS