Recurring Daily - Windows Refocuses to Desktop at 12:00 (Midnight)

anonalchemist

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2012
Win 10 Pro - Upgraded from Win 7

Hi guys, I have had an issue ever since I built this computer, but only at this point has it become much more of a nuisance.

Problem:At midnight each day, if I am working/using an application in full screen mode (such as a full-screened game or movie), the system will automatically focus on the desktop. Think "ALT+TAB" but to desktop. The symptom does not sure for things applications in windowed-fullscreen.

Troubleshooting:

• Enabling & disabling the following showed no difference: "Task Scheduler Library -> Microsoft -> Windows -> Maintenance"
    I do not have dropbox or similar syncing software that requires some sort of pull from a cloud
    Full scan performed with Malwarebytes and Windows defender with clean results

Any help or suggestions or where to look is highly appreciated!

Solution
Try running a clean boot and see if it still happens - carefully read instructions and make sure NOT to disable all Microsoft services or Win 10 won't boot right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

If that fixes it, it means one of your start up programs is the cause. Slowly restart services and programs in a series of startups to find the cause. Might take a few days to find it since it only happens once a day

So you updated from 7 - have you ever clean installed Win 10?

What motherboard do you have?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try running a clean boot and see if it still happens - carefully read instructions and make sure NOT to disable all Microsoft services or Win 10 won't boot right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

If that fixes it, it means one of your start up programs is the cause. Slowly restart services and programs in a series of startups to find the cause. Might take a few days to find it since it only happens once a day

So you updated from 7 - have you ever clean installed Win 10?

What motherboard do you have?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS