Recycle Bin is empty but shows 28 files

My recycle bin appears to be empty if I open it. However, on the desktop it
shows papers in it like it has files, and if I right click and tell it to
delete, it asks if I want to delete the 28 files in the recycle bin. If I
click yes, it makes the papers getting thrown out sound, but the icon does
not change to empty and if I right click and delete again, there are still 28
files. What's going on?

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

patlefev wrote:

> My recycle bin appears to be empty if I open it. However, on the desktop it
> shows papers in it like it has files, and if I right click and tell it to
> delete, it asks if I want to delete the 28 files in the recycle bin. If I
> click yes, it makes the papers getting thrown out sound, but the icon does
> not change to empty and if I right click and delete again, there are still 28
> files. What's going on?

Go to Kelly's site at http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm
Click on "R" and scroll to Recycle Bin - Deleting Problems for a variety
of troubleshooting tips.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

I'm not entirely sure about this, but one thing I would try is after
emptying the Recycle Bin right click on the Desktop and click Refresh. I
don't know if this is the problem, but at least you will know that the
correct icon is being shown. Good luck!
--
Nathan Sokalski
njsokalski@hotmail.com