Recycled HTPC is Woody, Fuzzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
I hate to be so negative but that thing looks like it was torn out of the 60's. Although, it is cool looking as well! If my house was built around that type of decor I would consider such a creature to compute for me.

traesta

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
"option to purchase up to 8 GB of RAM and a (1 TB?) SSD" what what what ????!?!?!?! a 1 tb ssd goodness

G

"As for pricing of the HTPC, Design Hara doesn't offer any numbers online without further contact."

Maybe they're just trying to pull the wool over our eyes...

agnickolov

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
[citation][nom]jsc[/nom]Katsushiro, assuming that you have a serious question, 60 watts per hour is very good.[/citation]

Actually, he poses a very sound question. We know what a watt is, we know what a watt-hour is (watts times the hours it was on), but what an watt (work per time) divided by hour (unit of time) means is beyond me too. Kind of like acceleration for work done perhaps? E.g. in 1 hour it improves its performance 60 times?

Ahh. So it should have said "Sixty watt-hours per hour?"

(just kidding. it's the next natural extension of innumeracy. I have actually seen "x kilowatt-hours per year" in news stories. that may be due to averaging, or ignorance.)

Status
Not open for further replies.