Red 5 MMO Firefall Now in Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

fourtydeuce

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
I have a problem with all the games being released as open beta recently. It seems like if you're behind schedule you release a game as open beta with the disclaimer if you find anything wrong with it just remember it's in beta. I suppose this gets you around the day 1 patch because it's not the "full game". EA should have done this with SimCity, can't complain when it doesn't work right because it's beta!

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
The game isn't my proverbial cup of tea, but for those that generally prefer an FPS style game and would like to see that in an MMOG format, I say check it out. :)

Remember, it is still BETA and there WILL be some issues, and early releases of MMOGs tend to be somewhat incomplete. I wouldn't let that stop me from playing, but I do think those things are something to keep in mind.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006

Except that they don't charge you any money to play the open beta. Open betas are amazing because they help out the developers to make sure the game works correctly when shipped (and the servers are up to the task for MMOs) AND it gives users an in depth 'demo' of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS