Question Red colored boot up screen

Shogunate

Prominent
Sep 8, 2020
Hi, I have a Sapphire Rx 560 4gb model that was used for a year but eventually ran into some problems so i wasn't able to use it for long enough. Finally bought the adapter and turn it on earlier and was a bit of a challenge since it keeps on saying no display. When it finally booted up it was color red and i wasn't able to open the bios. Fans were always on everytime i booted up my pc, connectors, mobo and power supply have no problems at all. Thoughts on what to do?

Mobo: GA-H110M-H
PSU: (not branded) 700w

bishopi5

Distinguished
What adapter????

What problems did you run into

Please tell me you didnt put an adapter on your 700w (unbranded) PSU because it needed extra pins for the GPU

If a power supply does not have the required pins, it most certainly can not output the required power needed for a gaming card. Even if it says its 700w it isnt, especially being unbranded.

whateverami

Great
Sep 8, 2020
Try out a different GPU (if you have the money) If that fixes the problem then its definitely
your GPU being faulty. If your PC has an integrated GPU inside than remove the dedicated GPU and see if that works. If nothing works than its your motherboard thats faulty.

Shogunate

Prominent
Sep 8, 2020
What adapter????

What problems did you run into

Please tell me you didnt put an adapter on your 700w (unbranded) PSU because it needed extra pins for the GPU

If a power supply does not have the required pins, it most certainly can not output the required power needed for a gaming card. Even if it says its 700w it isnt, especially being unbranded.
It's an HDMI to VGA adapter

From time to time it flashes a red background and it wasn't the normal resolution which was 1920x1080

The GPU didn't need external power

Shogunate

Prominent
Sep 8, 2020
Try out a different GPU (if you have the money) If that fixes the problem then its definitely
your GPU being faulty. If your PC has an integrated GPU inside than remove the dedicated GPU and see if that works. If nothing works than its your motherboard thats faulty.
I'm still planning on what gpu to buy.
My pc does have integrated graphics and works if i remove my graphics card from my mobo.