Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2023
Hi. I recently bought an MSI MPG B560I Gaming Edge WiFi ITX motherboard so I can rebuild my system in a smaller ITX case.

So i moved my components to this board and I get a cpu red light debug. i did a reset to cmos battery , i tried removing it and it booted and when i put the battery back same issue again and now even if i remove it nothing no dispaly fans on , no bios and still red light.

My CPU : Intel Core i5-11400F

All the components working i'm sure of it on my Micro ATX board but on this new board nothing. Does this motherboard need an updated bios version to work with the i5-11400f out of the box ?

I ordered a used Intel Celeron G5905, will this CPU work so I can update the bios ? need to know so i can cancel this cpu order before it ships.

Thanks in advance.

Apr 30, 2023
That is in their compatibility list. What psu do you have? Have you double checked all your power connections to the motherboard, to include the 8 pin to the cpu?
i have a new coolermaster sfx gold 650w for the itx build
and an 6 months old thermaltake litepower 650w
both of them work in fact everything works except this new msi motherboard
the first time when i removed the battery it booted normally and then i said ok let me put the battery back and after that even when removing the battery nothing no post , turned off the pc shorted the jpat1 for 10 secs still nothing

Apr 30, 2023
this battery is like this a pin that your remove
i had the cpu , gpu , and both ram plugged in when i removed the battery and immediately i saw the led's change from cpu red to boot i said ok let me turn off the pc and plug my ssd and it booted but as soon i plugged the battery back . now even if i remove it nothing

Teknoman2

Reputable
Oct 13, 2020
Never seen a battery like this. Is that tape? If yes, try removing it, maybe they have the cables on the wrong side. By the way, is everything working if you plug it on the old board?

Apr 30, 2023
Never seen a battery like this. Is that tape? If yes, try removing it, maybe they have the cables on the wrong side. By the way, is everything working if you plug it on the old board?
this battery is for the itx motherboards i believe i dont want to mess with it have copper + and - at the back and front saw it in a video. yeah everything is working on the old board

Status
Not open for further replies.