Question Red CPU lamp blinks once, new built pc doesn’t start

Jun 6, 2021
Hey guys,

so me and a friend build my new pc yesterday.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite V2
RAM: Corsair RGB Vengeance Pro
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2
GPU: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
PSU: be quiet! Pure Power 11 500W Semi-Modular
Chassis: Fractal Meshify C

After everything was connected we wanted to boot it up. Pressing the power switch on the PSU went good, the RAM RGB started to light up. But when pressing the power button all of the fans started to spin for a quarter of a second and then simply stopped. At the same time the Motherboard LED for the CPU blinked red once and a faint burnt smell was there.
We checked the connections again and saw that we had falsely connected the rgb cable for the AiO. The water Block wasn’t connected to the fans, while there cables were connected together and to a „Gigabyte adapter cable“ which I sticked into DLED_V_SW2 after taking out the jumper.

I guess that could have caused the motherboard (hopefully no other parts) to break. Has anyone an idea?

thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

The thumb rule with building system's is always drop in the essential parts onto the motherboard and have it assembled atop the motherboard box. People always build inside the case first off and then end up being lazy to tear things down when issues like that posted above occur.

You should always pay heed to the polarity, arrows, markers on the connectors and headers for XYZ components. If not, you end up with a hefty fine on your wallet, if you've damaged them.