Red CPU LED constant, No beeps, No Display

Bluine

Prominent
May 6, 2017
Specs
Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming (New)
Ryzen 5 2600X (New)
G.Skill Trident (2 x 8gb) DDR4 3000 (New)
Crucial MX500 500GB (Past build)
1TB WD HDD (Past build)
Sapphire RX 480 8GB (Past build)
RMx 550W Power Supply (Past Build only 3 months old)

When I turn on the system all fans turn on including the CPU, RGB on the Trident RAM lights up, the CPU LED on the motherboard is a constant red, the RGB on the motherboard does not light up however, it only flashes once I turn on the switch at the back of the PSU and there is no display signal coming from either the graphics card or the output on the motherboards I/O's.

I have tried
Reseating the CPU and inspecting the pins
Resetting CMOS
Checking all connections
Retrying build with past equipment to rule out a dodgy PSU
Breadboarding to rule out shorting
Have stripped everything down to CPU and 1 RAM stick
Removing RAM to get a forced beep error code from the mobo, no beeps
Visual inspection, nothing seems damaged or out of place

Is there any other suggestions to what could be causing the fault, or should I replace motherboard, CPU and RAM as these should work?

Solution
i didnt like that motherboard that much, next to the ram slots is a set of "EZ debug leds", should be about 4 of them with tiny text under them that says what is not working. try to read them to figure out witch light is on, if they text is to tiny, there should be a diagram in the tiny book that came with it, and try and see which led is on

IGNORE THIS, i was thinking of the MSI x470 board, thats the one that has the debug leds. this one might have something slimier but i doubt it.

dlloyd1025

Reputable
Jul 16, 2018
If you are getting no beeps with the RAM removed, I would pretty likely say motherboard is bad/defective. If it's new you might still be able to return it depending on where you got it from, or it could be under the manufacturer warranty if it's been less then a year.

pegasaurisrex

Proper
Jun 5, 2018
i didnt like that motherboard that much, next to the ram slots is a set of "EZ debug leds", should be about 4 of them with tiny text under them that says what is not working. try to read them to figure out witch light is on, if they text is to tiny, there should be a diagram in the tiny book that came with it, and try and see which led is on

IGNORE THIS, i was thinking of the MSI x470 board, thats the one that has the debug leds. this one might have something slimier but i doubt it.

Solution