[SOLVED] Red CPU Light on MSI TOMOHAWK B450

Raeks

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2013
So I had a Ryzen 2600 and the red light came on, thought it was a failed CPU so I got the 3700 (BIOS already updated to support) and everything plugged in the CPU light is still on red, Could this mean a failing PSU ?

Solution
So I had a Ryzen 2600 and the red light came on, thought it was a failed CPU so I got the 3700 (BIOS already updated to support) and everything plugged in the CPU light is still on red, Could this mean a failing PSU ?
I recently had the same issue. Turns out I had missed the secondary 12v ATX connector (8 pin). My backup PC didn't need that, so it didn't occur to me.

tsibiski

Reputable
Jun 23, 2019
I recently had the same issue. Turns out I had missed the secondary 12v ATX connector (8 pin). My backup PC didn't need that, so it didn't occur to me.

Reactions: Tigerhawk30
Solution

Tigerhawk30

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2015

I guess I'd first ask, have you used this board for a while or is it a brand new one? And is the Debug light solid or blinking?