Build Advice Red CPU Motherboard Light + No display

Dec 26, 2020
Ryzen 1600
Gigabyte AB350 gaming 3
Be Quiet! Pure power 10 600w
Gigabyte windforce GTX1070

I have been trying to solve this for months to no avail. When I turn on my pc all the fans run and it looks on but there is no display output and a red status light on the motherboard indicating CPU. I have tried replacing the taking out the cmos battery, buying a new cmos battery, shorting the cmos pins, booting without ram, booting with one stick of ram, and just about everything I have read on forums my build is 3 years old and I’ve never had this issue I have thought maybe to get a new cpu or a new motherboard but I don’t know what one as each one is at least £100-200
I have contacted the retailer of each of my components and they have been unable to send a replacement or help for some reason

Dec 26, 2020
There is not much i can say.(probably a deffect or broken)
1.check the pins of the cpu,if any are missing or bent
2.see if there is a compatibiliy issue(pc partpicker is my best bet)
i had a problem just like yours but in my case its based around the gpu there was a light saying vga problems,most annoying thing i ever had to deal with turns out the gpu was a deffect ,attempted to contact the seller to no avail,lost £130 in a instant,had to buy a new one.
Also just out of question for context is the cpu a upgrade or was in your build for 3 years.
IF its been in the system for 3 years chances are it could be burnt out,ONLY quoting from my experiences

Dec 26, 2020
There is not much i can say.(probably a deffect or broken)
1.check the pins of the cpu,if any are missing or bent
2.see if there is a compatibiliy issue(pc partpicker is my best bet)
i had a problem just like yours but in my case its based around the gpu there was a light saying vga problems,most annoying thing i ever had to deal with turns out the gpu was a deffect ,attempted to contact the seller to no avail,lost £130 in a instant,had to buy a new one.
Also just out of question for context is the cpu a upgrade or was in your build for 3 years.
IF its been in the system for 3 years chances are it could be burnt out,ONLY quoting from my experiences
I haven’t upgraded anything so everything in it is 3 years old. No problem thanks for asking

Dec 26, 2020
I just really wanna try and fix it or if not then work out what I need to replace so I’m not spending lots of money unecessarily. I know that if I have to replace something I probably have to replace the motherboard or the cpu I just wanna know what one of that’s the case

Dec 26, 2020
If I am going to have to replace either the motherboard or the cpu how do I know what one to replace? And also if I’m going to replace one is it safe to do even though I can’t access the bios or anything before swapping components out

TRENDING THREADS