[SOLVED] red dead 2 redemption anyone played this on console is it an online mmo?

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
has anyone played red dead redemtion 2 on console? its comming to pc and i wondered if this was an online mmo type game or single player? anyone know or play it know?

Solution
I wouldn't really consider it a MMO as I believe the max amount of people per map is 32. Also consider it as open PVP because people will get bored of the limited missions and attack you for fun. Not sure if this will ever happen but the game should have private servers for you and friends. Sometimes you an find a map with people to team with and aren't constantly trying to kill you but as-is I wouldn't buy this game just for the multiplayer aspect. I've played a few hours of the single player which seems really good and I've heard from others who have finished it that the story mode was really good. The multiplayer is divided into a few different setups, you can free roam, team battles and a few others I can't remember at the moment...

WildCard999

Titan
I wouldn't really consider it a MMO as I believe the max amount of people per map is 32. Also consider it as open PVP because people will get bored of the limited missions and attack you for fun. Not sure if this will ever happen but the game should have private servers for you and friends. Sometimes you an find a map with people to team with and aren't constantly trying to kill you but as-is I wouldn't buy this game just for the multiplayer aspect. I've played a few hours of the single player which seems really good and I've heard from others who have finished it that the story mode was really good. The multiplayer is divided into a few different setups, you can free roam, team battles and a few others I can't remember at the moment (horse races I think?).

I have it on PS4 Pro.

Solution

WildCard999

Titan
Im looking at this game too, apparently it's more immersive than gta5 and i enjoyed gta5 single player a lot.
It's really immersive, like grooming your horse and yourself. Also expect only a few fast travel points so there will be trips that take a bit of time.

I'm looking forward to getting it on PC to play with friends that couldn't play it on console as we have different ones. I'm just hoping for private servers to keep hackers out. GTA V was fun for the most part online but I can't tell you how many times someone spawned a tank or vehicle on top of me.

Reactions: boju