[SOLVED] Red Dead Online security concern, cheaters are able to ddos with mods, but I thought firewall stop that from happening?

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
It is a known knowledge nowadays modders/cheaters doing so much in Rockstar games, especially red dead online, since there is no invite only sessions players are forced to play in public sessions, this results in cheaters/modders crashing peoples game to the desktop, I read on steam forums some people actually knocked off their Internet because modder ddosed his/her computer by seeing his/her address while in game. This is how bad Rockstar Games security, so my question how its possible? I take it he wasn't using a paid anti-virus software so he don't have actual firewall and modders was able to "enter" into his connection? On personal computers and games, do paid anti virus software firewall can block a ddos attempt from another player (cheater) in online game?

Now came to mind that firewalls have rules to allow or block or question the incoming connections, so if I set it to "notify/question" the incoming connection from game exe, am I protected against cheaters/modders ddos or crash my game or my modem?

Solution
As eXPedient Demise wrote the problem is with RDO itself, they are exploiting Rockstar's bad code. If Rockstar's bad code can make them stop your computer that easily, then my recommendation is not to play Red Dead Online, until you read the news that all these problems are resolved.

falcon291

Honorable
Jul 17, 2019
As eXPedient Demise wrote the problem is with RDO itself, they are exploiting Rockstar's bad code. If Rockstar's bad code can make them stop your computer that easily, then my recommendation is not to play Red Dead Online, until you read the news that all these problems are resolved.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS