[SOLVED] Red Dead Redemption 2 can't see my GPU

guilty_rebel

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
Hi all,

Like the title says RDR 2 is suddenly failing to find my gpu. Everything was working fine yesterday and I hadn't made any changes, downloaded anything or uninstalled anything between yesterday when I played it and this morning when the error started. Specifically, when I try to launch the game the screen goes dark like it's loading, then kicks back to my desktop and an error message will pop up saying that my PC failed to pass a minimum hardware requirement check and to update my gpu drivers. However, my drivers are up to date. I tried a reinstall and that's not doing anything. I'm kinda stumped. And It's specifically RDR2 thats the issue. None of my other games are having any issues (including the other games on epic, which is what rdr2 is on) and all of my pc software shows that my gpu is there and seems to be working correctly.

UPDATE: I guess it's resolved now, but i'll update if it happens again.

my specs -
GPU: MSI Radeon RX 6700 xt Mech 2x OC
CPU: Intel i5-11600K
Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix Z590-A
BIOS Version: 0605
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3600
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G+, 80 Plus Gold 750W, Fully Modular
Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 10 home 64bit
GPU Drivers: 21.10.03.08-210511a-368629C-RadeonSoftware

Last edited:

TangoDown87

Prominent
Jun 27, 2021
On what platform are you playing RDR 2? Not sure how to do this on all Platforms but if on Steam you can try validating the files.

Simply Go to your libary find the game
Right click in the list and click properties
In the new window click Local fiels
Click Validate Intagraity of game files...

I have most other major platforms on PC so if your not sure let me know what platform it is and I can find out how to if you need.

guilty_rebel

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
On what platform are you playing RDR 2? Not sure how to do this on all Platforms but if on Steam you can try validating the files.

Simply Go to your libary find the game
Right click in the list and click properties
In the new window click Local fiels
Click Validate Intagraity of game files...

I have most other major platforms on PC so if your not sure let me know what platform it is and I can find out how to if you need.

Sorry, didnt mention I guess. I have it on the Epic game store. And I just did a complete uninstall and reinstall of the game so I wouldn't think that'd be the issue.