Question Red Debug Light on CPU, No Post [MSI MAG B550 MAX TOMAHAWK WIFI, Ryzen 5 5600]

deeznutsforpresident2016

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2015
Hello all,
hope you are well today,

I have just put together a new build with local boxing day specials,
and unfortunately, it does not post. The Debug LED [CPU] on the motherboard has a steady solid red light on from the moment I touch the power on, and stays that way.
The cpu fan & system fans spin, mobo rbg lights up, cpu pump has an audible turn on. Powers on but has a black-screen.

Here are my specs to clear up any incompatibility issues, all parts are new except for ram, nvme drive, cooler and silverstone extensions.
I had my previous system working today with these newer used parts which I transferred over to my new build. The previous system was essentially the same but with a R5 2600, GTX 1070 & MSI B450-a pro.

• AMD Ryzen 5 5600 (Non-X)
  • Msi Mag B550 Max Tomahawk Wifi
  • 16 Gb (2 x 8Gb) Corsair LPX 3200 (i have learned this is sub-par and will be upgrading, previous system showed no issues with this ~4 month old ram)
  • Sapphire RX 6700 10GB (Non-XT)
  • Corsair RM650X
  • WD 770 1TB NVME
  • Silverstone White Sleeved Cable Extensions for 8pin pcie & mobo 24pin
  • Corsair H60
  • Corsair 220T

I purchased this board because it says "Ryzen 5000 series ready" on the box. The representative at the computer store indicated that this was the updated bios model, however I understand that this board may need an update.

I have done the following to troubleshoot the fail to post:

-1 Stick of ram, in different dimm slots
  • moved the cooler pump plug off the cpu pump header to the cpu fan header, as others indicated this has fixed the issue.
  • visual & physical check of all connections from PSU, to mobo & gpu

What I have not done:

• Bios Update (If needed, no way for me to check bios build info as doesn't post)
  • Reseating of CPU
  • Disconnecting of all cables and reconnecting.

I appreciate any help with diagnosing this from not posting,

Thanks!

Hello all,
hope you are well today,

I have just put together a new build with local boxing day specials,
and unfortunately, it does not post. The Debug LED [CPU] on the motherboard has a steady solid red light on from the moment I touch the power on, and stays that way.
The cpu fan & system fans spin, mobo rbg lights up, cpu pump has an audible turn on. Powers on but has a black-screen.

Here are my specs to clear up any incompatibility issues, all parts are new except for ram, nvme drive, cooler and silverstone extensions.
I had my previous system working today with these newer used parts which I transferred over to my new build. The previous system was essentially the same but with a R5 2600, GTX 1070 & MSI B450-a pro.

• AMD Ryzen 5 5600 (Non-X)
  • Msi Mag B550 Max Tomahawk Wifi
  • 16 Gb (2 x 8Gb) Corsair LPX 3200 (i have learned this is sub-par and will be upgrading, previous system showed no issues with this ~4 month old ram)
  • Sapphire RX 6700 10GB (Non-XT)
  • Corsair RM650X
  • WD 770 1TB NVME
  • Silverstone White Sleeved Cable Extensions for 8pin pcie & mobo 24pin
  • Corsair H60
  • Corsair 220T
I purchased this board because it says "Ryzen 5000 series ready" on the box. The representative at the computer store indicated that this was the updated bios model, however I understand that this board may need an update.

I have done the following to troubleshoot the fail to post:

-1 Stick of ram, in different dimm slots
  • moved the cooler pump plug off the cpu pump header to the cpu fan header, as others indicated this has fixed the issue.
  • visual & physical check of all connections from PSU, to mobo & gpu
What I have not done:

• Bios Update (If needed, no way for me to check bios build info as doesn't post)
  • Reseating of CPU
  • Disconnecting of all cables and reconnecting.
I appreciate any help with diagnosing this from not posting,

Thanks!
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKMub20CUNI

Reactions: kurdtnz