[SOLVED] Red Devil 5700xt consistently crashing in battlefield 5 and modern warfare only

Sep 15, 2020
My Red Devil 5700xt consistantly crashes after about 20-30 minutes of play in battlefield 5 and modern warefare. Here is what I have tried so far. Other games do not have this issue and I can play other games for hours without an issue.

1. Reinstalled both games
  2. undervolted the GPU
  3. disabled XMP
  4. reinstalled the drivers
Any help would be appreciated

Solution
Nothing sticks out to me as a potential hardware problem.

The only thing that I can think of is that AMD has had several issues/glitches when it comes to their 5000 series GPUs. It's possible that your drivers (irregardless of whether you reinstall them or not) just don't play nice with those two games. It's kind of hit and miss for some people when it comes to AMD drivers.
Sep 15, 2020
Sorry I forgot to put that

B550 Pro Gaming Carbon Wifi
Ryzen 3900XT
Gskill 32gb Ram 3600
XPG Gammix S5 256 GB boot drive m.2
Sandisk 1 tb SSD
Red Devil 5700XT
thermaltake GF1 850W gold
Dell 1440p 155hz monitor
Phanteks ethno pro case

Last edited:
Nothing sticks out to me as a potential hardware problem.

The only thing that I can think of is that AMD has had several issues/glitches when it comes to their 5000 series GPUs. It's possible that your drivers (irregardless of whether you reinstall them or not) just don't play nice with those two games. It's kind of hit and miss for some people when it comes to AMD drivers.

Solution
Sep 15, 2020
In modern warefare I get the dev error 6068, in battlefield it gives me some kind of direct X error code when it kicks to the desktop. I also noticed just now that i get an error on the radeon software, it says default watt man settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure. Other than these two games it doesnt happen to any others yet. I will try to reinstall the drivers again to see if maybe that helps