Question Red Devil RX 7700xt or Hellhound RX 7700 XT or sapphire pulse 7700xt ?

Phil_33

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2016
The 6750 XT is now at this moment 400 euros. This is 140 euro's less then the Hellhound 7700 XT (540 euro's). But the 7700xt is more power efficient (I think: slightly less TDP) and is newer (more transitors, textures, cuda cores).
Would the 7700xt hellhound last me any longer then the 6750xt?
Whichever I buy, I'm going to undervolt it from the very beginning because it lowers the TDP.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Udyr

Honorable
Mar 3, 2021
pricing mistake, 6750xt is 400 euro's and 7700xt is hellhound sorry!
In that case, 140 euros is a considerable difference for ~15% more performance, considering both GPUs have the same amount of memory and bus width. In theory, the 7700XT should last longer, but maybe other options are available in your area. 6800XT and 7800XT offer better performance, if the price is close to the 540 euros.

Phil_33

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2016
In that case, 140 euros is a considerable difference for ~15% more performance, considering both GPUs have the same amount of memory and bus width. In theory, the 7700XT should last longer, but maybe other options are available in your area. 6800XT and 7800XT offer better performance, if the price is close to the 540 euros.
So in other words, I would be better of witht he 7700 xt if I have the money?

Udyr

Honorable
Mar 3, 2021
So in other words, I would be better of witht he 7700 xt if I have the money?
Not only if you have the money, but if you consider that a ~15% increase is worth 140 euros. I'd be interested to see how close are the 6800XT and 7800XT to the 7700XT in price.

Phil_33

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2016
Not only if you have the money, but if you consider that a ~15% increase is worth 140 euros. I'd be interested to see how close are the 6800XT and 7800XT to the 7700XT in price.
65 euro's more, on top of the 140 euro's to be exact to go for a power hungry 7800xt. So 200 euro's more then 6750xt.
But yea power efficiency is a thing here in belgium due to electrical bills...
6800xt is out of consideration... Availability is 0 here. Same for 6800...

Udyr

Honorable
Mar 3, 2021

Phil_33

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2016
Thank you but Sapphire pulse has a bad cooler atm, that card gets hotter then hellhound and is less energy efficient.
I saw the reviews of it. You would think the pure one has better reviews, but thats also not true... Its the same as the pulse...
I already have bad experiences with xfx too so thats not good either.
However I do get your point: 7700xt is better then 6750 xt. So I'll see what I can do...

Last edited:

Udyr

Honorable
Mar 3, 2021
Thank you but Sapphire pulse has a bad cooler atm, that card gets hotter then hellhound and is less energy efficient.
I saw the reviews of it. You would think the pure one has better reviews, but thats also not true... Its the same as the pulse...
I already have bad experiences with xfx too so thats not good either.
However I do get your point: 7700xt is better then 6750 xt. So I'll see what I can do...
I don't know where you're getting your information though.

But in the end, it's your money. Get whatever you like and feel comfortable with.

Phil_33

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2016
I don't know where you're getting your information though.

But in the end, it's your money. Get whatever you like and feel comfortable with.
View: https://youtu.be/qNtX4rByAKg?si=hNB4DozMxQBuY1-t

The cooler isn't bad, that was a bit too much that I've said. It's just that the hellhound one is better.
The card is going to be used for a very long time.

Last edited:

Phil_33

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2016
Sapphire is considered one of the best AMD partners when PowerColor is considered budget brand
Budget? You mean the physicall materials then? Cause that review above showed that powercolor beats sapphire pulse and nitro... Its quieter, uses less power and is cooler...
Also, sapphire pulse is cheaper then powercolor hellhound...
But fine. Sapphire still wins then I guess.

Last edited:
Budget? You mean the physicall materials then? Cause that review above showed that powercolor beats sapphire pulse and nitro... Its quieter, uses less power and is cooler...
Also, sapphire pulse is cheaper then powercolor hellhound...
But fine. Sapphire still wins then I guess.
Sapphire pulse is the baseline card from them while the Hellhound is the midrange card from PC and should be compared to sapphire Pure. Through the years powercolor has always offered cards 10-20$ cheaper than the competition with similar specs hence budget brand.

ilukey77

Reputable
Jan 30, 2021
I own both devils and hellhounds the devils are the top of the line from power color and the hellhounds are lower budgeter cards from powercolor ..

you will probably find hellhounds are cooler cards in general than the devils but for that they arent as powerful

take a look at the 7900xtx red devil 3 pcie power cable slots to the hellhounds 7900xtx 2 ..

as for sapphire ive never owner one i liked the look of the devils more but sapphire are the OG AMD 3rd party maker ..

then look at sapphires vapor chamber top of the line 7900xtx much cooler ( as in better performance ) than the standard air cooled power color red devil..

think it depends on the product line you buy of said company !!

Phil_33

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2016
I own both devils and hellhounds the devils are the top of the line from power color and the hellhounds are lower budgeter cards from powercolor ..

you will probably find hellhounds are cooler cards in general than the devils but for that they arent as powerful

take a look at the 7900xtx red devil 3 pcie power cable slots to the hellhounds 7900xtx 2 ..

as for sapphire ive never owner one i liked the look of the devils more but sapphire are the OG AMD 3rd party maker ..

then look at sapphires vapor chamber top of the line 7900xtx much cooler ( as in better performance ) than the standard air cooled power color red devil..

think it depends on the product line you buy of said company !!
Thank you for this! This is finally a really good explanation. The hellhound 7800xt is cooler and quieter then the pulse 7700xt in the review from techpowerup.
+ The hellhound is more expensive then the pulse because it got sold out in a shop where it was 490 euro's (almost same price then sapphire pulse).
However... The hellhound itself, physically, may not be that interesting.
Sapphire indeed is the OG partner. I've already seen you can for instance replace the fans without any problem. They got really good support as well AND you can take off the shroud appart from the rest without taking the whole heatpipeline with it.
Hellhound may cool better but indeed that doesn't mean that it is better overal.
Nitro is the best one from sapphire, however, here in this country, availability is a problem as well as pricing. Pulse comes in at 489 euro's while nitro would be around 550 euro's and the red devil is around that as well. If I pay that much, then I would be better of with the pulse 7800xt which is 590 euro's.
However I don't have that much money and I play 1080p 144hz anyway.
I do wanna keep the card for as long as possible though. Therefore, pulse wins. It has better buildquality I think. And if it has something, then I can contact support easy...

Reactions: ilukey77

ilukey77

Reputable
Jan 30, 2021
Thank you for this! This is finally a really good explanation. The hellhound 7800xt is cooler and quieter then the pulse 7700xt in the review from techpowerup.
+ The hellhound is more expensive then the pulse because it got sold out in a shop where it was 490 euro's (almost same price then sapphire pulse).
However... The hellhound itself, physically, may not be that interesting.
Sapphire indeed is the OG partner. I've already seen you can for instance replace the fans without any problem. They got really good support as well AND you can take off the shroud appart from the rest without taking the whole heatpipeline with it.
Hellhound may cool better but indeed that doesn't mean that it is better overal.
Nitro is the best one from sapphire, however, here in this country, availability is a problem as well as pricing. Pulse comes in at 489 euro's while nitro would be around 550 euro's and the red devil is around that as well. If I pay that much, then I would be better of with the pulse 7800xt which is 590 euro's.
However I don't have that much money and I play 1080p 144hz anyway.
I do wanna keep the card for as long as possible though. Therefore, pulse wins. It has better buildquality I think. And if it has something, then I can contact support easy...
ive never had any issues with any of my powercolor gpu's and i currently have 4 the 6650xt sakura hellhound, 6700xt spectral white hell hound , 6900xt red devil and the 7900xtx red devil ..

Im very picky with my products if was to have a issue i would have thrown them out the window and bought the competition or bought Nvidia ..

As for sapphire i cant comment as while im picky im also loyal so ive been happy with powercolor so i havent needed to buy sapphire but i hear good things from them too..

I know they have there own OC software and i hear the the 7900xtx sapphire nitro one of the best if not the best 7900xtx air cooled card but then so is the powercolor7900xtx liquid devil that they have OC close to 4090 levels of performance !!

Much of a muchness between the cards i buy for looks and quality red devils always look awesome and ive never had issues !!

I dont think you will have any issues using the 7800xt from either company and most brands such as Asus Msi gigabyte etc etc are good but sapphire and powercolor are exclusive AMD not sure that makes them better but they must surely know AMD very well !!

Reactions: Phil_33