Question Red DRAM light, pc will not boot

Jun 22, 2023
Specs:
gigabyte b650 auros elite ax
asus dual 4070
ryzen 7 7800x3d
gskill flare x5 ddr5 6000 2x16
western didgital sn850x ssd

Hello, Ive been trying for some time to get my new computer to start, all components are new, Ive only tested the gpu in another computer and it works perfectly. I started putting everything together today and when I turn on the computer I get the red DRAM light, the pc will not boot, nothing shows on a monitor.
Things Ive tried:

1. Pretty much every possible ram config, with reseting the cmos after every attempt

2. Ive updating the BIOS using the "q-flash" method on the motherboard, which seems to have been successful (truly no way to tell without a boot)
I
know its not much but from what Ive read that about as much as people needed to do.

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
Specs:
asus dual 4070
ryzen 7 7800x3d

Hello, Ive been trying for some time to get my new computer to start, all components are new, Ive only tested the gpu in another computer and it works perfectly. I started putting everything together today and when I turn on the computer I get the red DRAM light, the pc will not boot, nothing shows on a monitor.
Things Ive tried:

1. Pretty much every possible ram config, with reseting the cmos after every attempt

2. Ive updating the BIOS using the "q-flash" method on the motherboard, which seems to have been successful (truly no way to tell without a boot)
I
know its not much but from what Ive read that about as much as people needed to do.
What slots are being used for the RAM?

Jun 22, 2023
DDR5 6000 is not mentioned in the motherboard manual.
Your correct, I dont see it on the manual but on gigabytes website on the b650 auros elite ax it states "Support for DDR5 6666(OC) / 6600(OC) / 6400(OC) / 6200(OC) / 6000(OC) / 5600(OC) / 5200 / 4800 / 4400 MT/s memory modules"

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
What slots are being used for the RAM?
This motherboard provides four memory sockets and supports Dual Channel Technology. After the memoryis installed, the BIOS will automatically detect the specifications and capacity of the memory. Enabling DualChannel memory mode will double the original memory bandwidth.The four memory sockets are divided into two channels and each channel has two memory sockets as following:Channel A: DDR5_A1, DDR5_A2Channel B: DDR5_B1, DDR5_B2* Recommended Dual Channel Memory Configuration:DDR5_A1 DDR5_A2 DDR5_B1 DDR5_B22 Modules - - DS/SS - - DS/SS4 Modules DS/SS DS/SS DS/SS DS/SS

Ishfady

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
Specs:
asus dual 4070
ryzen 7 7800x3d

Things Ive tried:

I

Hi Guavabi
I hope you managed to get your motherboard working. It look like this motherboard is having a issue.
I am having a same problem as you. I would appreciate your help.

Gigabyte B760M AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700, No beeps, No Video, No CPU fan spinning, No Display

I just bought this new motherboard Gigabyte B760M AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 and intel CPU i9. I have build few computers in the pass, and most of them with gigabyte mother board. I like gigabyte mother board and I am happy with it. I build this computer for myself for home use.

This is first time it happened that I can't start my new computer after newly build.
When I turn on power, I can see light come on, on the memory and I can see few small leds light up on the mother board.
But CPU fan is not spinning and also I don't see any display coming up on the screen. Also I don't hear beep when I turn on power.
Normally when Ii does that. Please can you advice what I am doing wrong here.
I try all as usual, disconnect all the components,. etc , No luck yet.

Thank you
Ish