Red error LED on motherboard after updating BIOS version

Jun 30, 2018
Motherboard: H370 aorus gaming 3 wifi
Cpu: i7-8700

Hello,
I have an issue with my motherboard.
I have upgraded BIOS version from F5 TO F6 recently by Q-FLASH successfully after that I noticed that the error LED on my motherboard appeared RED on CPU but everything works fine, it boots up normally with normal single BEEP sound and the windows recognizes the CPU correctly. What should I do to make the RED ERROR LED disappear or is anything broken?

I have tried re-flash the F6 bios version
I have also tried to flash the old version but Q-FLASH did not let me do it

Thank you in advance.

Why did you flash the BIOS in the first place?
BIOS updates fall into the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" category. You should only update the BIOS to correct a known error (it will be listed in the release notes of the BIOS) or to gain additional functionality(like support for a new CPU).
Never update the BIOS simply to have "the latest and greatest".

Jun 30, 2018

Ok, I guess I did not read the warning carefully when downloading, is there any way to downgrade the bios version ?

You might try resetting the CMOS to default settings per your user manual, then try using Q-flash to load the old version of the BIOS. (You may have to download it from the Gigabyte website if you didn't back it up before you flashed to the new bios.)

Jun 30, 2018

I tried it but did not work. It still says "the current bios image is outdated" (the older one)

You could contact Gigabyte, and tell them the situation.
Since the only problem seems to be the constant error LED, you might have to just live with the light. Gigabyte might have a fix for it in the next release of the BIOS.

Jul 2, 2018
Hello,

I have same issue, MoBo is B360 Aorus Gaming 3 WiFi and after upgrading bios from f5 to f6 cpu led red stays on. I contacted Gigabyte and now waiting for some kind of response. I tried also resetting CMOS but didnt help. What i noticed is when i put PC to Sleep mode and then wake up, CPU red led is now off.

Jun 30, 2018

Seems like we have the same issue. I have contacted Gigabyte as well waiting for the solution. It's random issue I guess sometimes I wake up the PC from sleep the red light disappears somehow .
BTW, what is your CPU? and would you mind letting me know if they give you any fix.
Thanks

Jul 2, 2018

CPU is i3 8100, and yes they sent me some kind of fix which I didn't try yet
qoute
" Thank you for emailing GIGABYTE.
We are delighted with your interest in our products.

Remove any memory locking out except one. Disconnect everything from what is not needed for a restart.
Remove the bios battery from the base and bridge the two contacts in the battery socket for 6-10 seconds.
Replace the battery.
Remove all memory latches except one.
CLR-Cmos. Close the 2 pins labeled CLR_CMOS for about 10 seconds.
On board with CLR button, this can also be held down for 10 seconds.

Turn the system back on and start it.

Help it not the first time, repeat.

Help it not, contact your dealer.

end of quote

I'm curious if we will be given same possible solution
Thanks

Jul 5, 2018
Hello,
have exactly the same issue. MoBo gigabyte h370 hd3, i7-8700. After updating BIOS from F1 to F3 Cpu led always on. But all works, no issues with PC.
Have you managed to solve this?

tallernetfe

Reputable
Aug 13, 2018

you can shared this new bios version? thanks!

Aug 15, 2018
me too mobo is B360 gaming 3 non wifi edition i updated the bios f3 to f5 but cpu red light is always on i emailed gigabyte

Thank you mailing GIGABYTE,

The red LED is a known issue due to our BIOS update with Intel Microcode, we have already fixed the issue and a new BIOS would be released soon after we have validated its stability, it would be released on our website as F10 soon.

Best Regards,

GIGABYTE

mind you share the new bios version too? thanks in advance