[SOLVED] red light blinking on cpu when i connect rx 560

Sep 4, 2019
rx 560 without six pin connector
yesterday card was heated to 81 degree so when i restarted the pc it shows red light blinking. Without card pc is working fine but when ii connect the card it shows red light and pc doesnt turn on.

Solution
Yup its an old motherboard dell o88dt1 and i cant figure out how to update bios but i just read it can brick pc. And also guide what should i do. 560 was working well then accidentally stopped working
Uhm... Then if it just stopped working out of the blue, then it may have died on you somehow... Can you replace the video card using the warranty?

Cheers!
Sounds like the system is not getting enough power for all components.

What is your Power Supply Unit's (PSU) rated power? Did you connect the 4/8 pin CPU power connector to the Motherboard?

Also, what model is it? I believe the power delivery from PCIe 2.0 to PCIe 3.0 was changed slightly, so it could be something there as well.

Cheers!

Sep 4, 2019
Sounds like the system is not getting enough power for all components.

What is your Power Supply Unit's (PSU) rated power? Did you connect the 4/8 pin CPU power connector to the Motherboard?

Also, what model is it? I believe the power delivery from PCIe 2.0 to PCIe 3.0 was changed slightly, so it could be something there as well.

Cheers!
I have thermaltake tr2 psu 500 watt and 8 pin connector is connected to motherboard. computer turns on without rx560 and also with my old nvidia gt520.

Sep 4, 2019
As the power supply seems to be adequate, is it an old motherboard?

Some <2014 era motherboards require BIOS updates to cope with PCIe3.0 video cards.

Cheers!
Yup its an old motherboard dell o88dt1 and i cant figure out how to update bios but i just read it can brick pc. And also guide what should i do. 560 was working well then accidentally stopped working

Uhm... Then if it just stopped working out of the blue, then it may have died on you somehow... Can you replace the video card using the warranty?

Cheers!

Reactions: shuaib550
Solution