[SOLVED] Red light but everything works

mkaafy

Reputable
Jan 14, 2020
Hi experts

I use my PC everyday. Surfing the net, playing old games, etc. Everything seems to be working. But every time I turn it on, the red LED lights for less than a second. Then the yellow LED lights. The white LED comes next and finally the green LED.

Is this OK?
Should I clear CMOS?
Should I unplug and plus all the cables?
Is it a hardware issue? It better not be.

Thanks, as always for your precious time

Solution
Hi experts

I use my PC everyday. Surfing the net, playing old games, etc. Everything seems to be working. But every time I turn it on, the red LED lights for less than a second. Then the yellow LED lights. The white LED comes next and finally the green LED.

Is this OK?
Should I clear CMOS?

This is normal for an Asus motherboard.

It is showing the POST (Power On Self-Test) of the motherboard, as it tests the CPU (Red LED), RAM (Yellow LED), GPU (White), and the Bios (Yellow or Green), as it starts up.

Note. These LED's are NOT the MemOK LED. It is a different LED.

These LED's and codes should be...
Apr 9, 2020
From my experience so far, the board does that anyway to make sure all the hardware is working when booting. As long as it's not causing any issues, it should be fine, however someone may have more experience than me and will probably give you a more precise answer. These are just my thoughts :)

Reactions: mkaafy
Hi experts

Is this OK?
Should I clear CMOS?

This is normal for an Asus motherboard.

It is showing the POST (Power On Self-Test) of the motherboard, as it tests the CPU (Red LED), RAM (Yellow LED), GPU (White), and the Bios (Yellow or Green), as it starts up.

Note. These LED's are NOT the MemOK LED. It is a different LED.

These LED's and codes should be described in your motherboard manual.

Solution
Apr 9, 2020
Then Groveling_Wyrm is absolutely correct. It's a post process performed by the board to make sure all hardware is working. If it's past that process and all the lights are off once its posted, then it's perfectly normal. If a light stays on, then it wouldn't even boot as it would wait for you to sort out the error :)

TRENDING THREADS