CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
MOBO: MSi B450 Tomahawk Max 2
RAM: 8GB DDR4 2133 Mhz generic from an old prebuild
PSU: GT 650W EVGA Supernova
SSD: 240gb Kingston
HDD: 2 TB WD Blue
GPU: GTX 970 3GB
CASE: Corsair 4000D

My initial main issue was I was getting a red LED from the EZ Debug for CPU and I wouldn't get any kind of boot. This was somehow fixed but now at the start of every boot, it checks each of the LED's with the CPU, VGA, and BOOT indicators turning on before turning off which I'm sure that's not suppose to happen to a fully operating system.

After this, they all turn off but there is still a red light coming from the back of the motherboard (?)

View: http://imgur.com/gallery/qA9xyvX

Any help with this is appreciated.

Last edited:
Solution
Can you get the BIOS to display on your monitor? I have no idea what the red light on the back of your motherboard is. Generally, cycling through the other LEDs you mentioned is a good thing. If it stayed on anyone of those LEDs, it would indicate something is wrong.

If you can get into the BIOS and see your storage devices and RAM, my guess is you minimally need a fresh Windows installation on your SSD.

Windows 10 clean install tutorial

If you can't get into the BIOS, then it's likely your old RAM isn't compatible with your new motherboard.

B450 TOMAHAWK MAX II

You may need to update your BIOS as well.

Skydog07

Honorable
Feb 9, 2015
Please list all your parts (CPU, motherboard, RAM, disks, PSU, CPU cooler, GPU, case), including the make and model number of each.

Can you get into the BIOS? Do you know how to get into the BIOS?

Did you install Windows?

I updated the post with specs. I know how to go into BIOS yes.
I have windows from my last PC which is a prebuild.
I carried over storage and memory from that PC.

Can you get the BIOS to display on your monitor? I have no idea what the red light on the back of your motherboard is. Generally, cycling through the other LEDs you mentioned is a good thing. If it stayed on anyone of those LEDs, it would indicate something is wrong.

If you can get into the BIOS and see your storage devices and RAM, my guess is you minimally need a fresh Windows installation on your SSD.

Windows 10 clean install tutorial

If you can't get into the BIOS, then it's likely your old RAM isn't compatible with your new motherboard.

B450 TOMAHAWK MAX II

You may need to update your BIOS as well.

Solution

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi this is my first build:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
MOBO: MSi B450 Tomahawk Max 2
RAM: 8GB DDR4 2133 Mhz generic from an old prebuild
PSU: GT 650W EVGA Supernova
SSD: 240gb Kingston
HDD: 2 TB WD Blue
GPU: GTX 970 3GB
CASE: Corsair 4000D

My initial main issue was I was getting a red LED from the EZ Debug for CPU and I wouldn't get any kind of boot. This was somehow fixed but now at the start of every boot, it checks each of the LED's with the CPU, VGA, and BOOT indicators turning on before turning off which I'm sure that's not suppose to happen to a fully operating system.

After this, they all turn off but there is still a red light coming from the back of the motherboard (?)

View: http://imgur.com/gallery/qA9xyvX

Any help with this is appreciated.
The red light on the back is just a LED it's their for looks.

Skydog07

Honorable
Feb 9, 2015
The red light on the back is just a LED it's their for looks.

Thanks dude. This is the dumbest post I've made on a forum by far. Ive never had experience with the EZ Debug so I thought a red light would have something to do with that.

I now have mystic light and realize it's cosmetic RGB.

Facepalm

Status
Not open for further replies.