[SOLVED] Red light on PNY 512GB SSD

JoJoNoNo

Reputable
Jul 20, 2019
So on my PNY 512GB SSD, one of the sata pins have bent and detached. It is the sata pin on the very right. I had it resoldered and it powers up but it does not show up on my system. The SSD has some of my most valuable stuff on it and I would like to know if it could be fixed or not. Thanks!

Solution
So on my PNY 512GB SSD, one of the sata pins have bent and detached. It is the sata pin on the very right. I had it resoldered and it powers up but it does not show up on my system. The SSD has some of my most valuable stuff on it and I would like to know if it could be fixed or not. Thanks!
That indicates that the 'repair' did not go as planned, or there is something else wrong with it.

Also, this is why backups of your data is so critically important.
Your data should never be at the mercy of a single storage device.

USAFRet

Titan
That indicates that the 'repair' did not go as planned, or there is something else wrong with it.

Also, this is why backups of your data is so critically important.
Your data should never be at the mercy of a single storage device.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech
Solution