[SOLVED] Red lines while using integrated graphics

zrkraus

Reputable
Mar 9, 2018
So for the next few days im using my MOBOS (asrock z370 killer) integrated graphics while I wait for my new GPU to arrive at my house. While using it I get these weird red lines dashing across my screen at random. Is this something thats expected when running integrated graphics W/O a graphics card, or did I accidentally break something?

Solution
I wouldn't think that red lines are normal. Perhaps you have a driver issue? But at work, we use a lot of dell systems almost all reliant upon intel integrated graphics even for dual monitors etc. If you are within a warranty period, may not be bad to check on it. If not, then hopefully a new gpu will fix things as you wouldn't be relying on the integrated graphics any longer.
I wouldn't think that red lines are normal. Perhaps you have a driver issue? But at work, we use a lot of dell systems almost all reliant upon intel integrated graphics even for dual monitors etc. If you are within a warranty period, may not be bad to check on it. If not, then hopefully a new gpu will fix things as you wouldn't be relying on the integrated graphics any longer.

Solution

zrkraus

Reputable
Mar 9, 2018
What kinds of drivers might cause something like this do you think? I'd like to hope that nothing in my PC is faulty, Ive basically rebuilt much of my PC within the last 18 months.

Last edited: