Question Red mite crushed under lcd screen. How to open and remove?

TheGlow

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
So it looks like when I brought in a package there were some small red clover mites, or at least 1 on it, and managed to get under my lcd screen, Dell P2417H. I instinctively pushed to smash it and I had "missed". I tried again, miss. My aim isn't this bad, I go to just swipe my hand across to smack it away, missed. Then I lean in and see its under the screen. Unfortunately I just went and pushed on the screen more and smashed it. Now I have a few "dead pixels".

I'm no stranger to opening things up, soldering, etc, but never had to mess around with monitor panels, so not sure how to proceed and what to expect.

Like how far should I expect to need to go in? Can I just use a plastic shim and pop the bezel and pull the front apart a bit? Do i need to peel back anything sticky, as I know I saw something about removing antiglare coating, but I assume if it was on with adhesive the mite wouldn't have gotten under it and been mobile.

TheGlow

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
I had one of those. Little guy in between the screen layers.
He got squished in pretty much the same way.

I named him Spot.
He stayed there for a year or two until the monitor died of other reasons.
Heh, yea, so far thats how its looking. I don't mind getting into stuff, just the headache of proceeding.

USAFRet

Titan
Spot, before his demise:
iI33DU3.gif

TheGlow

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
Spot, before his demise:
iI33DU3.gif
I couldnt deal with anymore. I kept working on excel sheets and his corpse was driving me crazy. It took me about 45 minutes or so but I got him out.
The isopropyl I used I guess isn't recommended here. Head on it looks fine, if you come from above and look down, the smears are glowing.