Red Screen on startup with new graphics card

kongorilla

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
I upgraded my graphics card from gtx 770 to gtx 1060 and when I boot my computer I get a red screen with no text on it just a symbol that looks like a tree
28k3r7d.jpg

24muag0.jpg

I tried putting my old graphics card back and I got the same result, I might have made a mistake because I didn't remove my old gpu drivers before I put in the new gpu.
Note: I haven't even got to the windows loading screen

Solution
first, try to remove the motherboard cmos(battery), remove the power plug and all cables connected and press the power for about 10s, then use the motherboard output, go to safe mode, remove the old drivers and restart, now keep the output on the mb, then if its fine turn it off and switch to gpu output, see where that'll take us
G

OK: Do the following.

1st: Check if your GTX 1060 Is plugged Correctly. Check the PCI-E slots, The HDMI/DVI Or whatever you using connectors.
2nd: Enter your Bios, Then check your card is recognized.
3erd: Do a boot failure start up
4rd: Completly erase Old drivers and then reboot
5th: Tell me what happend :)

IF all this fails, Then... Exchange possitions with other PCI-E Slot and disable the previous Slot in your Bios

kongorilla

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016

I found an old windows 7 disk and installed it instead, computer works fine now, thanks anyway.

G

i do regret A LOT DOWNGRADING from windows 7 to 10... W7 will be until today the best OS ever made by Microsoft...

Shikarr

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016
I have the exact same problem but I didnt exchange anything! Yesterday everything was fine and today my pc doenst work anymore?? What can I do against the red screen (I cant install win7)

OfficialG3

Reputable
Sep 7, 2014
first, try to remove the motherboard cmos(battery), remove the power plug and all cables connected and press the power for about 10s, then use the motherboard output, go to safe mode, remove the old drivers and restart, now keep the output on the mb, then if its fine turn it off and switch to gpu output, see where that'll take us

Solution