Red screen then crash when playing games.

Travis Valdovinos

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
Hello, I just built a new computer and I am having some trouble getting some games to work. Orignally I got everything set up and working. I had a crappy psu but it would power everything on. When I first tried to start games my system froze and powered down, I figured this was due to the PSU and I got a new one. I tried Hitman and got 80+ fps on ultra and everything worked fine. A little later I tried battlefield 3 and when I tried to change the settings to ultra the screen reloaded and a red screen appeared and my computer froze then restarted.

I figured this might be due to heat or something so I let the system cool down and let the gpu cool down to the 30's. I tried to start Hitman again and right when the game loaded another red screen and system restart.

Now I did search this issue and some people suggested PSU, and some suggested the cables might be not right. So I checked the new PSU and the cables were loose but I re-plugged them and they are the right kind I believe they are both 8-pin which is what the 7990 needs. I don't know what it could be my system is supplying enough power I believe because the first time I started hitman I ran it just fine on ultra for over an hour with no problems.
I don't believe I changed any settings after running hitman but I am not sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My system specs are :
CPU: AMD FX8350
GPU: Gigabyte 7990
Ram: G skill sniper 16gb(8x2) 1600mhz
Storage: Samsung 120gb Evo Pro
PSU: Was a crappy kentek 850W then I got a XFX 850W( much better)

Chaos2Theory

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
I hate to tell you this but the 7990 was a huge mistake. Those graphics cards are flamethrowers no matter what you do. Basically what i believe is happening is that you have a faulty video card which needs to be returned to the store u bought it from to begin with. Personally i would attempt to trade it in for something that isnt the 7990, but if u need to stay with it for whatever reason, than just ask for a replacement.

Travis Valdovinos

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013

Hmm damn that sucks, Ok I will look into this issue more I appreciate the input.

TRENDING THREADS