Question Red smearing on my Nvidia GPU and not on my AMD GPU

Mar 18, 2023
I have an RTX 3060Ti and an RX 580. When I use my AOC 24G2S monitor, there's a barely visible black smearing on my AMD GPU. However, when I use my Nvidia GPU with the same monitor, the smearing appears red and is very distracting to the point of being unusable. I have tried adjusting the color settings, vibrance, and overdrive, but to no avail.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this issue?

D

Deleted member 14196

The monitor is probably at fault because the same problem only different colors happens between the two. Test it with another monitor and see.

monitor is probably on its last leg

with a different monitor repeat your tests and if you see the same thing then it’s your GPus

make sure to set your video cards to default settings

Mar 18, 2023
The monitor is probably at fault because the same problem only different colors happens between the two. Test it with another monitor and see.

monitor is probably on its last leg

with a different monitor repeat your tests and if you see the same thing then it’s your GPus

make sure to set your video cards to default settings
I actually just bought two of them, 1 for my brother and the other for me. I tested with both monitors and the same problem persists. It seems like Nvidia cards have a different color output compared to AMD, so I'm not sure why I get black smearing on one and red on the other. Both monitors are in perfect conditions and, as I just said, they are brand new.

D

Deleted member 14196

Then it’s the video cards

use DDU and remove all video drivers on safe mode. Reboot the PC and install only the Nvidia driver then retest.

Do the same process for the AMD card and make sure it’s not a driver problem