Redirect Fax to Email. Urgent please help!

sk-jb93

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2010
Hey guys,

I'm currently at work (government job) and I'm doing an apprenticeship and I often get given the jobs that other people don't want to do.

What I've been asked to do is to try figure out if it's possible to redirect faxes to a an email address.
We receive a lot of faxes from another area in regards to tenants and sometimes not all faxes come through so what they've asked me to do is to find out if I can have all the faxes from that specific place be sent to a generic email instead of being faxed through.

So I only what this to happen to one contact not all people trying to send faxes to us and so that we don't get an email and fax but just the email.

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED, thanks :)

Solution

It sounds possible, if the fax server can take in the faxes, then print based on a profile. Of course that is dependent on the software, and we did not do that, so I don't even know if there is software out there that is setup that way.
We used to do that in my fathers business. The printer made no difference, as faxes went to the program, and also to an email. The only thing that mattered was that he had scanning for sending out faxes from his computer, since all faxes went through his PC. Sadly, I forget the name of this program, but I found a lot of hits from googling "fax to PC software"

sk-jb93

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2010

thanks for replying but there's one big issue, they only want to receive the faxes from one certain contact and not all. Is that possible or will it turn all faxes into emails?

It sounds possible, if the fax server can take in the faxes, then print based on a profile. Of course that is dependent on the software, and we did not do that, so I don't even know if there is software out there that is setup that way.

Solution

sk-jb93

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2010

okay thanks for all the feedback, I'll have a play around with the printer and see how it goes.

Thanks.