Redirected folders, Desktop icons/Quicklaunch disappears a..

I'm using Windows 2000 server and have XP sp2 desktops and redirecting
Mydocs/AppData/Desktop to \\server\userfiles\mydocs,
\\server\userfiles\appdata, and \\server\userfiles\desktop, respectively.

One issue I have is when users first log in and during the initial
synchronizing occurs, their desktop icons (except system ones) and
quicklaunch toolbar icons disappear.

After the syncing is done, pressing F5 will show the missing desktop icons,
and hiding/reenabling the quick launch will make those icons appear again.

I'm thinking it is a too restrictive permission error somewhere, but can't
figure out which one it is. I'd appreciate any tips...

The permissions on \\server\userfiles\ are:

Sharing
Everyone Full Control

NTFS
Administrators - Full Control - This folder, subfolders, and files
CREATOR OWNER - Full Control - Subfolders and files only
Everyone - Read and Execute - This folder, subfolders, and files
SYSTEM - Full Control - This folder, subfolders, and files

And on \\server\userfiles\mydocs, \\server\userfiles\appdata, and
\\server\userfiles\desktop:

Sharing
Everyone Full Control

NTFS
Administrators - Full Control - This folder, subfolders, and files
CREATOR OWNER - Full Control - Subfolders and files only
SYSTEM - Full Control - This folder, subfolders, and files
Everyone - Special - This folder, subfolders, and files
(Everyone special permissions:
-List Folder / Read Data
-Read Attributes
-Read Extended Attributes
-Create Folders / Append Data
-Read Permissions

Hi Todd,

I think users should have full control on their own roaming folders. And
everyone should not have control.

br,
Denis