Question REDMAGIC Studio won't start anymore ?

HenryJelller

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2016
Hello,

RedMagic Studio doesn't start on my pc anymore. Once i got my phone the program did work. But haven't touched the program for a few weeks after that, and now it won't run.
Now i want to use it again but it won't start anymore. Since it's been a few weeks i have no idea what changes I might have made ( if thats the case even ) to my computer.

I tried contacting their support multiple times but they say we can't help...

The program is running in Task Manager, it just doesn't show up on screen.
Can anyone help, maybe identifying why it won't start?

Ralston18

Titan
Will the app launch if you disable it from doing so in Task Manager > Start and then later do a manual launch?

And I will also ask about the source for the installed version?

Ensure that the source website is legitmate then manually download the app and reinstall as if new.

Look in Resource Monitor, Process Explorer, and Task Scheduler for anything else that may be being run when Red Magic is running.

HenryJelller

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2016
Will the app launch if you disable it from doing so in Task Manager > Start and then later do a manual launch?
I have tried, starting from task manager, and disable and tried again

And I will also ask about the source for the installed version?
I got it from the official site, using QR code in the manual, also the official support confimered my installer was correct.

Look in Resource Monitor, Process Explorer, and Task Scheduler for anything else that may be being run when Red Magic is running
8d85m93.png

I see it running , but im sorry , im not sure where i need to look for.

Ralston18

Titan
"I see it running , but im sorry , im not sure where i need to look for."

Where/how are you seeing that RedMagic is running: Task Manager, Resource Monitor , Process Explorer?

This app?

https://na.redmagic.gg/pages/redmagic-studio

Noted the astericked " * An ADB driver must be installed before a mobile phone can connect to a computer for data transfer".

Likely some error of omission or commission with the setup/configuration.

Also I am going to move this thread from Apps and Software to PC Gaming.

More applicable category and someone in that community may recognize the problem.

HenryJelller

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2016
"I see it running , but im sorry , im not sure where i need to look for."

Where/how are you seeing that RedMagic is running: Task Manager, Resource Monitor , Process Explorer?

This app?

https://na.redmagic.gg/pages/redmagic-studio

Noted the astericked " * An ADB driver must be installed before a mobile phone can connect to a computer for data transfer".

Likely some error of omission or commission with the setup/configuration.

Also I am going to move this thread from Apps and Software to PC Gaming.

More applicable category and someone in that community may recognize the problem.
Thanks for the respons again,

I see it running at Taskmanager, and also in resource monitor as shown in my picture above.

Yes it's thats app,
and yes that is true, but the app can also run without that driver, you just won't be able to connect your phone to it.
This was my first case, when i just downloaded the app, i got the user interface to scan to connect phone.
After the adb driver i could get more fps with cable, instead of the wifi only.

I got this driver from support, and it's also on the phone. i tried installing it also but i think that's not the problem for me since it has worked before also without.

Ralston18

Titan
Any related error codes, warnings, or even informational events in Reliability History/Monitor or Event Viewer?

Go back, if possible , to the last time things worked. Then check for entries that appeared just before or at the times RedMagic failed to start.

HenryJelller

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2016
Any related error codes, warnings, or even informational events in Reliability History/Monitor or Event Viewer?

Go back, if possible , to the last time things worked. Then check for entries that appeared just before or at the times RedMagic failed to start.
No warnings coming up at Event viewer.
Nothing special at reliability history, only some things about windows update installed.
Haven;t changed much at the computer apart from installing some games.
I have deleted every program installed at the time peroid since it doesn't work anymore, and it still won't run.

Ralston18

Titan
At the Command Prompt type "tasklist" (without quotes). Is RedMagic listed?

Could be a long list so look carefully.

If the indication is that RedMagic Studio is running are you able to go into Task Manager and "kill" any associated processes?

I.e., to where those processes no longer appear and do not reappear when the system is rebooted.

Reference:

https://www.businessinsider.com/guides/tech/how-to-force-quit-on-windows

Objective being to first ensure that any RedMagic process is not continuing to run and then to ensure that the app is not being launched during boot up via Task Manager > Start or otherwise launched/triggered via Task Scheduler.

HenryJelller

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2016
At the Command Prompt type "tasklist" (without quotes). Is RedMagic listed?

Could be a long list so look carefully.

If the indication is that RedMagic Studio is running are you able to go into Task Manager and "kill" any associated processes?

I.e., to where those processes no longer appear and do not reappear when the system is rebooted.

Reference:

https://www.businessinsider.com/guides/tech/how-to-force-quit-on-windows

Objective being to first ensure that any RedMagic process is not continuing to run and then to ensure that the app is not being launched during boot up via Task Manager > Start or otherwise launched/triggered via Task Scheduler.
I used tasklist, it wasn't listed.
Ran the RMS.exe , and it showed up in the list , when used tasklist again.

i tried the thing in your link also:

taskkill/im RMS.exe
ERROR: The process "RMS.exe" with PID 26764 could not be terminated.
Reason: This process can only be terminated forcefully (with /F option).

taskkill/im RMS.exe /f
SUCCESS: The process "RMS.exe" with PID 26764 has been terminated.

taskkill/im RMS.exe
ERROR: The process "RMS.exe" not found.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Good.

Delete RMS.exe from the system.

Run "sfc /scannow" and "dism" to allow Windows to do some "housekeeping".

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

How to use DISM command tool to repair Windows 10 image | Windows Central

I would also run the Windows built in troubleshooters - the troubleshooters may find and fix residual problems.

Then go through a few boots/startups to ensure that the system (without RedMagic having any presense) works as expected.

Ensure that backups are up

Then try another manual RedMagic download, reinstall, and reconfiguration.

If the problem returns then RedMagic is the likely culprit.

HenryJelller

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2016
Thanks again for respons,
scannow:

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

dsim:
Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.22621.1

Image Version: 10.0.22621.1635

No component store corruption detected.
The operation completed successfully.

Restarted few times,
Downloaded this:
Red_Magic_Studio_international_release_V1.5.5_x86 (1).exe

Still no luck :(

HenryJelller

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2016
Update:

After creating a 2nd user account the program does run on this account.
But still won't on the main account. I can even see 2 instances of RMS.exe in taskmanager, 1 using 26mb memory and the other 2mb ( this is what it usually uses on the main account without running)

If run out of options i might "setup" the 2nd user as the main, and installing apps 1 by 1 and keep checking until it doesn't run anymore.