Question redoing to win 11 [from win 8.1] old mobo giving me problems

cl42

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2013
ET1331G- WAS win 7 refurb. i got from 7 to 8.1 about 5 years ago or more. (i bought used from FB hometown. mobo is a MCP61PM G.M. REV 2.4. [pic below shows CMOS jumper very well]
https://the620guy.com/product/emach...-4-motherboard-amd-ii-x2-250u-cpu-1-6ghz-cpu/

I have been trying since 1 pm today, that's 6 hours and 40 minutes. i can't get it into boot mode.
#1. i changed BIOS battery 2032

#2. tried resetting options in bios,especiallyboot device , yet everytime i go back to Delete/F12 it offers choices all over again , won' just boot

#3. i upgraded cpu from a dual core to quad core. it's a AMD ANTHLON 11 X 4 615e 2.5GHZ also back about 5 years ago

#4. ***THERE'S a CMOS Jumper but just that. it hasn't been on there BUT maybe it was when i re-did pc yrs ago but i may have removed jumper to use elsewhere over the years..[would it run fine without one on once OS IS in ?

#5.
its been so long and so many health changes/distractions for family i have No Recollection. i remember i didn't need help like this before.
it's am2+ slot..8gb RAM..i know it's a big turd but it's all i have BUT after this i will be looking for a regular mobo + case . i take it with me to my son's. mostly just to watch videos of mine. a little internet as i need it. can't but new parts til march/april

#6. should i be looking for boot keys for quad core cpu ? AFAIK we look for boot keys based on OS BUt it used to be by brand of pc

thank you for ANY help

Last edited:

cl42

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2013
This old beast is not going to be compatible with Win 11.

What CPU did you install into it?

amd athlon 11 x 4 615se 2.5ghz
what about a non-tpm os ? no help here for that probably. just asking question. but those specs gave requirements of less i thought. i keep googling win 11 non-tpm requirements but no actual answers

COLGeek

Cybernaut
amd athlon 11 x 4 615se 2.5ghz
what about a non-tpm os ? no help here for that probably. just asking question. but those specs gave requirements of less i thought. i keep googling win 11 non-tpm requirements but no actual answers
I'm not 100% certain, but your CPU may not be compatible with the motherboard.

Will the system boot with the previous CPU installed?

USAFRet

Titan

cl42

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2013
I'm not 100% certain, but your CPU may not be compatible with the motherboard.

Will the system boot with the previous CPU installed?
oh i never thought of trying that. when i got that cpu it was in the chart of ones to use. i'm going to go with win 10 thanks :(
til i can figure out how to use linux mint or ubuntu. i know it will double the power of my oldass hardware but installing stuff, command line and no network wizard makes me fear any linux distro

orig CPU in storage