Question redoing to win 11 [from win 8.1] old mobo giving me problems

cl42

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2013
ET1331G- WAS win 7 refurb. i got from 7 to 8.1 about 5 years ago or more. (i bought used from FB hometown. mobo is a MCP61PM G.M. REV 2.4. [pic below shows CMOS jumper very well]
https://the620guy.com/product/emach...-4-motherboard-amd-ii-x2-250u-cpu-1-6ghz-cpu/

I have been trying since 1 pm today, that's 6 hours and 40 minutes. i can't get it into boot mode.
#1. i changed BIOS battery 2032

#2. tried resetting options in bios,especiallyboot device , yet everytime i go back to Delete/F12 it offers choices all over again , won' just boot

#3. i upgraded cpu from a dual core to quad core. it's a AMD ANTHLON 11 X 4 615e 2.5GHZ also back about 5 years ago

#4. ***THERE'S a CMOS Jumper but just that. it hasn't been on there BUT maybe it was when i re-did pc yrs ago but i may have removed jumper to use elsewhere over the years..[would it run fine without one on once OS IS in ?

#5.
its been so long and so many health changes/distractions for family i have No Recollection. i remember i didn't need help like this before.
it's am2+ slot..8gb RAM..i know it's a big turd but it's all i have BUT after this i will be looking for a regular mobo + case . i take it with me to my son's. mostly just to watch videos of mine. a little internet as i need it. can't but new parts til march/april

#6. should i be looking for boot keys for quad core cpu ? AFAIK we look for boot keys based on OS BUt it used to be by brand of pc

thank you for ANY help

Last edited:

cl42

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2013
This old beast is not going to be compatible with Win 11.

What CPU did you install into it?

amd athlon 11 x 4 615se 2.5ghz
what about a non-tpm os ? no help here for that probably. just asking question. but those specs gave requirements of less i thought. i keep googling win 11 non-tpm requirements but no actual answers

COLGeek

Cybernaut
amd athlon 11 x 4 615se 2.5ghz
what about a non-tpm os ? no help here for that probably. just asking question. but those specs gave requirements of less i thought. i keep googling win 11 non-tpm requirements but no actual answers
I'm not 100% certain, but your CPU may not be compatible with the motherboard.

Will the system boot with the previous CPU installed?

USAFRet

Titan

cl42

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2013
I'm not 100% certain, but your CPU may not be compatible with the motherboard.

Will the system boot with the previous CPU installed?
oh i never thought of trying that. when i got that cpu it was in the chart of ones to use. i'm going to go with win 10 thanks :(
til i can figure out how to use linux mint or ubuntu. i know it will double the power of my oldass hardware but installing stuff, command line and no network wizard makes me fear any linux distro

orig CPU in storage

TRENDING THREADS