Question Redragon K550 keyboard is not detected by it's software ?

Jacks.

Commendable
Dec 3, 2021
www.deviantart.com

Colif

Win 11 Master
What do you want to use software for?

it sounds like the software is pretty bad and bare bones.
If you just want rgb:

I have the K 552 Rgb, if that's the one you have, then you can customise it manually.

It's a bit complicated;

Press fn + ~. Press fn + the right arrow key to switch through the colors (you'll see it on the ~ key) and now wtv key you press it'll set it to that color. you can also choose a 'no color' option.

Once you're done customising all your keys press fn + ~ again and you're done. Make sure to set the color of the fn key last coz it'll change the color of the fn key when you do the last step.

I'm sure you already know this but pressing fn + home(or Del, or Ins...the keys above the arrow keys) gives you different effects.

Fn + Right arrow changes colors, fn + up arrow changes speed etc.

link

Last edited:

Jacks.

Commendable
Dec 3, 2021
www.deviantart.com
What do you want to use software for?

it sounds like the software is pretty bad and bare bones.
If you just want rgb:

I have the K 552 Rgb, if that's the one you have, then you can customise it manually.

It's a bit complicated;

Press fn + ~. Press fn + the right arrow key to switch through the colors (you'll see it on the ~ key) and now wtv key you press it'll set it to that color. you can also choose a 'no color' option.

Once you're done customising all your keys press fn + ~ again and you're done. Make sure to set the color of the fn key last coz it'll change the color of the fn key when you do the last step.

I'm sure you already know this but pressing fn + home(or Del, or Ins...the keys above the arrow keys) gives you different effects.

Fn + Right arrow changes colors, fn + up arrow changes speed etc.

link
yours have a working software link watch til the end and mine is not k552 it's k550 big difference between the 2 of them and yeah i know there software is not the best thing but it should be at least usable i have macro keys i want to assign them doing that from the keyboard it self is a bit hard for me plus other functions overall i paid full price for the thing and i just want it to work as intended

Colif

Win 11 Master
Everything from
If you just want rgb:
is a quote from the link below it.

I see a lot of people with Redragon keyboards, I was just trying to help.

The idea is that the twelve G keys are assigned by default to the function keys, F1-F12. His idea is to use the function keys as macros and the G keys as function keys, and that way you can use all the macros, one set for each profile. You can use their software to make them do whatever you want and combine it with AutoHotKey to do anything else. The solution was right in front of me and I'm pretty disappointed in me for not thinking about it, but in my defense, i messed around so much with those macros that i forgot that they default to the function keys :)
link << more info here

although that only helps if you could get software working. He did somehow - link

it seems more people can't get it to work than those that can.

Reactions: Jacks.

Jacks.

Commendable
Dec 3, 2021
www.deviantart.com
I see a lot of people with Redragon keyboards, I was just trying to help.
no problem iam just frustrated at this point
although that only helps if you could get software working. He did somehow
i know about that post here is the catch no one got it working can tell me how they did it all what they said was "i installed it and it just worked " BTW that post on reddit is 5 years ago there is a possibility that there keyboard is not the same version as mine actually iam pretty sure mine is version 2 so there were v.1 which is in there post

Colif

Win 11 Master
only posts I can find about the Yama are yours.

Shame you didn't know about the problem before you bought keyboard. I normally look at reviews of the things I buy, but you really need someone who has used it for longer than the video to actually explain its negative points. This is the sort of thing you don't want to find afterwards... especially since they don't offer any help.
the redragonusa site is blocked by my browser as being unsafe. Thats a sign of quality right there.

You could wait for someone to reply, or just put up with it, or buy a keyboard from someone else.

Jacks.

Commendable
Dec 3, 2021
www.deviantart.com
Shame you didn't know about the problem before you bought keyboard. I normally look at reviews of the things I buy, but you really need someone who has used it for longer than the video to actually explain its negative points. This is the sort of thing you don't want to find afterwards... especially since they don't offer any help.
i did watch a lot of reviews before i bought it none of them mentioned anything about there damned software but you're right i should have to asked some one how actually bought it

Colif

Win 11 Master
so i guess they just ignore you?
https://redragonshop.com/pages/contact-us

You could try their discord but not sure i trust any links given in there for download. Depends how moderated it is.
Its linked on top of page above.

i didn't know some software for my motherboard was bad before I bought it, but I don't need to use it for anything necessary.

you could use something like this - https://www.macrorecorder.com/

Jacks.

Commendable
Dec 3, 2021
www.deviantart.com
they replied today with the worst replay I've ever seen and this is what they said
"As much as we want to help, unfortunately, we cannot.

We are Redragonshop, an authorized distributor of Redragon products, and NOT a manufacturer.

We truly agree that the seller and the manufacturer should provide warranty support to their customers. However, we do not sell K550. We kindly suggest that you contact the original seller of the unit for warranty assistance.

Yours Faithfully,"
You could try their discord but not sure i trust any links given in there for download. Depends how moderated it is.
Its linked on top of page above.
i have talked to them over discord and they told me to talk to there support over redragonshop.com the redragonzone.com which have the keyboard on there website along with the software didn't replay it's been 4 days right now