[SOLVED] Redragon K552 keyboard not working on PC ?

Oct 30, 2021
I was recently cleaning my Redgragon K552, and when I went to plug it it in after reassembly, it didn't power on. No lights or anything. I wondered if maybe my keycaps didn't dry enough, so I took them all back off, left the whole thing to dry, and obviously unplugged it. When I came back the next morning, it didn't power on still, so I tried a different USB port, and plugged other things into that USB port. The USB port worked, the keyboard still did not. I went to order a new one, when, on a whim, I tried plugging it into my work laptop. It powered on and worked perfectly. So now I'm just confused. Why does it work on my laptop but not on my PC ?

Solution
On your PC:

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that you can associate with the keyboard.

Try manually downloading the keyboard drivers via the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure the keyboard as necessary for your use.
(No third party installers.)

Also take a look in Device Manager. Find the keyboard, right-click the listing, and select "Properties".

You can likewise try the other offered options: Update, Uninstall, Scan.....

Another option is to run the built in Windows Troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

"WIN" + "I" > "Update & Security" > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters

Ralston18

Titan
On your PC:

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that you can associate with the keyboard.

Try manually downloading the keyboard drivers via the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure the keyboard as necessary for your use.
(No third party installers.)

Also take a look in Device Manager. Find the keyboard, right-click the listing, and select "Properties".

You can likewise try the other offered options: Update, Uninstall, Scan.....

Another option is to run the built in Windows Troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

"WIN" + "I" > "Update & Security" > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters

Solution