Reduce the fan speed and the performance

G

Hey!

I would like to reduce the noise at night, because my torrent client is running, but I can't sleep, so, how can I reduce the fan speed? Or is there any other way? Like go into sleep mode, but leave the Internet turned on.

I would like to reduce the noise at night, because my torrent client is running, but I can't sleep, so, how can I reduce the fan speed?

Check out your case fans if they have a switch for fanspeed. If not, check out the program called speedfan. It works with a lot of fans connected to the motherboard. A third option would be to buy a fan speed switch. Just make sure it attaches to either the molex connector or the motherboard connector based on where the fans are connected.

Like go into sleep mode, but leave the Internet turned on.
That would be like putting your car in park but leaving it on and expecting to still be able to drive down the street while in park.
Standby copies everything to the ram and shuts everything else down. The CPU, hard drives etc. Nothing can run while in standby. The purpose of standby is so you can resume where you last left off. If you have a nintendo DS, it also has a standby mode. Notice that your game does not run when you put it in standby and when you take it out of standby, it resumes from the exact moment you put it in standby.

Or is there any other way?
Depending on your system setup, in the rare circumstance that your computer runs cool enough you could unplug your fans (never the CPU fan though).
If you are into spending a lot of money, you could look into passive cooling and a solid state drive.

G

Well, thanks for the answer, so there aren't any way to lower it.

And, what if I turn off any other programs, and I leave opened just the torrent client, so the motherboard lower it, is it possible? I haven't tried it yet.

The CPU fan is the only fan that autoadjusts based on load in most computer systems. If you aren't running anything intensive then it will already be on it's lowest.

"Well, thanks for the answer, so there aren't any way to lower it. "

Huh? I just gave you two very viable options: speedfan or puchasing a switch for each case fan.