reduce the length of my all progs menu

How can i create folders to put specific types of progs inside them as my all
progs from the start menu is too long and needs tidying up i.e put
photographic applications all together in one folder. thanks

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:CE626DC9-1722-4513-90FA-3343070631A8@microsoft.com,
southern_clansman <southernclansman@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to
say:

> How can i create folders to put specific types of progs inside them
> as my all progs from the start menu is too long and needs tidying up
> i.e put photographic applications all together in one folder.
> thanks

You can put them here:

C:\Documents and Settings\<your account name>\Start Menu\Programs

If you're not the only user of the PC and don't mind sharing you can put
them here:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes

blackadder

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2005

> In news:CE626DC9-1722-4513-90FA-3343070631A8@microsoft.com,
> southern_clansman <southernclansman@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to
> say:
>
>> How can i create folders to put specific types of progs inside them
>> as my all progs from the start menu is too long and needs tidying up
>> i.e put photographic applications all together in one folder.
>> thanks

Right-click the start button and select Open (or Open All Users). This will
open your personal start menu (or all user's start menu) in Windows Explorer
where you can create and modify sub-folders to your heart's content.