reducing noise: cork ?

VSD

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hi:
Cork is cheap and I am thinking about sticking cork panels to the walls of my PC case.
Any experience?

Regards

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
How about dynomat? Or rubber matt?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Hey, you know those rubber floor matts with the rubber nub surface? Thoes might be ideal!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

endyen

Splendid
We must have eaten in different highschool cafeterias. Where I went, the lemon was the indestructable one,density of a black hole, yah, it would be a perfect sound insulator.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
In your jest you've probably passed over how right you are! An encapsulated liquid of high specific gravity would be ideal! Of course there's the problems with the capsules breaking down on some materials, which makes them ideal for digestion...

P4Man

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
I have cork inside my case, same reasoning as you. that said, its only 5mm think, and the result is, well,.. underwhelming..

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =