Refilling my Water Cooling Loop frequently?

TomFoolious

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
Mmk, so I've had this computer running for a few months now. When I first had this thing running I hadn't been keeping it on over night. Now lately I have been keeping it on over night and also noticed my liquid level has been going down a bit more. Is this all due to evaporation?

To give more info, I filled up my tank last weekend and today I just filled it up again, but like I've said I have been keeping it on over night and during the day (maybe a couple days in a row or so). I have checked all my fittings and tubing to make sure there is no leaking and there is nothing leaking. I'm just not sure if the liquid evaporates this fast? It is XS-PC EC6 Clear liquid.

bungz

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
If the loop is sealed (ie the res has a cap) then I do not see how it can "evaporate".

You either have air in the system which is settling out in the res or you DO have a leak.

Its one of the two!

TomFoolious

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
Hehe well....i should've done more investigating sooner. Turns out there is a leak dangit. Where the nut that screws the D5 pump onto the reservoir. I tried to put some gorilla epoxy where I thought the leak was, but that hasn't helped. I could epoxy the crevice between the entire nut and back of the RES, but this will mess me up when it comes time to clean out the loop. I'm thinking of getting a new pump/res. Having trouble deciding if I should do a separate deal or get another combo by a different company. Any advice? This is my first water cooling build.

btw my water cooling is a xspc rx360 kit.