Reformat Windows 7, Please Help!!

Meatbawls

Reputable
Aug 8, 2014
I cannot find my Windows disc, my product key is attached to my PC. I do however have another disc (belongs to my Uncle) I was hoping to run the install.. after Googling for a few minutes it seems I can do that, but it may require a bit of tweaking that I'm not familiar with. I'm used to just popping in the disc and letting it work.

Is this true, will I have to do anything else? I have W7 HP64bit, the key is registered to W7 HP64bit, and my Uncles disc is also a W7 HP64bit.

Keep in mind, I don't know how to do this and that and rewrite this or that without intricate step-by-step instructions so if you're going to reply and help me out, please do so with detail.

Much appreciated :D

Solution
Is the HP disk just a Win7 install disk, or is it a Win7 disk with all the HP drivers, and bloatware?

If it is just a plane Win 7 disk, absolutely it will work.

If it is a win7 disk with all the drivers, and bloatware, I'm not sure, but it might.
Most computer makers just use the standard disk with their name on it.

millwright

Distinguished
Home will only work with a home sticker, and pro will only work with a pro sticker/key.

If popping in the disk worked before, it is just the same, as your disk.

I don't know what you did before, but you must have also downloaded drivers, unless you had a driver disk.

If you need help downloading drivers we will need the exact make and model of your PC, or motherboard.

Meatbawls

Reputable
Aug 8, 2014
What? I appreciate the feedback, but nothing is wrong, I'm just reformatting.

I wanted to know 100% if using another Windows HP64bit disc works as long as I have my product key.. (which I do).

millwright

Distinguished
Is the HP disk just a Win7 install disk, or is it a Win7 disk with all the HP drivers, and bloatware?

If it is just a plane Win 7 disk, absolutely it will work.

If it is a win7 disk with all the drivers, and bloatware, I'm not sure, but it might.
Most computer makers just use the standard disk with their name on it.

Solution

Meatbawls

Reputable
Aug 8, 2014
All set, it worked, it definitely didn't have the drivers on it, but the install went smooth. I had to find an outside internet connection and download the Intel ethernet controller driver so I could install Windows Updates among many other programs and software I use for video and gaming.

Thanks for the info though, I appreciate it.

TRENDING THREADS