Reformating without losing its license,

leejay_1145

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
Id like to know how to reformat a laptop without losing my license key or activation on my os...

is the system reserve partition have a big role on that part? then

if i would create an image of my current os or create a recovery file. it dosnt lost my activation on the os??

(sorry for my english!!)

Solution
G
The reserve partition usually holds an image of the OS plus drivers and any software installed by your laptop manufacturer. It's usually a certain keystroke at startup (eg. F8 for a Dell) and you'll get an option to restore the laptop to how it was when you first got it. Check your manual or the manufactures website for the keystroke.
Note though, that this will delete all your data (so backup first) plus any programs you've installed yourself, along with any additional drivers you might have added (for printers, etc).
You shouldn't have to re-activate Windows as it will check this automatically when it begins the inevitable updates.
G

The reserve partition usually holds an image of the OS plus drivers and any software installed by your laptop manufacturer. It's usually a certain keystroke at startup (eg. F8 for a Dell) and you'll get an option to restore the laptop to how it was when you first got it. Check your manual or the manufactures website for the keystroke.
Note though, that this will delete all your data (so backup first) plus any programs you've installed yourself, along with any additional drivers you might have added (for printers, etc).
You shouldn't have to re-activate Windows as it will check this automatically when it begins the inevitable updates.

Solution

leejay_1145

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013

what if i would create my own image file of my Activated os so that in case i accedentally delete the partition or format it,. i have a copy??.. or i would create an recovery file so when i reformat my laptop ill just browse that recovery file.. do you think all of my idea will work??

because i had an experience on my friend's laptop when its fails.. (samsung np300) system recovery doesnt work.it gives an error.. so i broke the system reserved and install a pirated one..

id also want to know if i install a new os..do you think the original reserve partition having the license will overwritten by the new one that doesnt activated??

Sorry for my English

G

You can make a backup image of the current disc contents by using a program like Acronis TrueImage, which will burn this to a bootable DVD for you. If you delete the recovery partition it's gone forever - you would need a recovery disc from the manufacturer to return the laptop to original state.

Installing a new OS will have no effect on the recovery partition. If you ever need to restore the laptop using the recovery program it will happily overwrite your new OS with the old one.

leejay_1145

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013

first of all what i really want is to remain the activation key then 2nd is the original o.s the firstime i used it.. even after i recover it to a new drive.. after all explanation from you iv got ideas.. thanks to you men.. i'll just read more article about it to learn more..