Reformatting ssd in old DOS

Cdn1955

Prominent
Mar 29, 2017
I can not reinstall windows 10, just before 'Finishing up' it wants to restart but then the whole reinstallation occurs all the time. I did a chkdsk /F /R, I did the Repair that is available on the second screen after choosing language and it can not repair. My SSD Samsung 860 Evo is a few months old. I did not know how to erase and I used GParted on a bootable usb stick. I got a lot of difficulty recovering miy SSD but with diskpart.exe I was able to manage into getting windows to recognize the partition that i wanted to use for installation. It did recreate the hidden partition.l

So, I don'f know what to do at that stage but trying to reformat my SSD the old fashion way.. I read that it is not the best practice to reformat that way format c: /s if I recall.
Any suggestions?

Solution
Reinstall as in the first install phase? How are you booting up with the install media? If it's usb, need to remove it before restarting or change boot order to the drive otherwise it'll keep booting from usb to install win10 again.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Reinstall as in the first install phase? How are you booting up with the install media? If it's usb, need to remove it before restarting or change boot order to the drive otherwise it'll keep booting from usb to install win10 again.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS