Question Refresh rate lock(?)

tempuser_144

Reputable
Jan 12, 2018
Right so, can't find an answer anywhere else blah blah. I have the Gigabyte G32QC monitor, it can run at 165Hz, and it has been doing so fine. Until some time ago, I noticed that nvidia control panel as well as windows display settings removed this refresh rate option, only allowing me to run at 120hz or 60hz. A friend suggested to me that I restore point my PC, and it did fix the problem. Until I downloaded the newest nvidia drivers 461.72 and the problem came back. I tried making the setting for maximum refresh rate possible in nvidia control panel and it didn't work. Re plugging my monitor helped only for a bit until the PC is turned on again the next day. Now I'm not going to be restoring my PC every other day. Wtf is this problem and why does it exist? Why do the smallest things that shouldn't be happening cause the biggest rage.... Please if you have any information on this matter I will be very grateful. Also with this the colour settings also cannot be changed being stuck at 8bpc and YCbCr422.

check the monitor's OSD menu for options to "overclock" or change it's refresh rate to 165Hz.
it may also have options for editing available color, contrast, etc. that could help with being stuck with YCbCr422.

some displays have settings that need to be set internally before your system can access them.
though that would make it strange that Windows & NCP would have had access to these options previously without them being set in the monitor first.
could be that the display's own settings are being "reset" when Windows reboots for some reason.

you could also try going back to earlier Nvidia driver packages and see if it actually is just a driver fluke that could be causing it.
wipe your existing drivers\settings with DDU and try a fresh install.
if the problems persist start trying earlier driver packages.

tempuser_144

Reputable
Jan 12, 2018
I tried ddu, but I dunno, I couldn't launch it, just gave up, and suddenly, having done nothing, the issue fixed itself one day by just playing games. Though I don't expect it to stay like that, eventually when I try ddu again and succeed we'll see if it fixes it, or perhaps a newer nvidia driver when it comes out.

TRENDING THREADS