Question Refresh Rate on Gaming Laptops

May 5, 2019
First of all i would want know how can i check a laptop's refresh rate in its monitor whenever im looking at websites like Amazon or Newegg, since they don't mention it in their specs...

And second, what is the point of having a powerful laptop with a powerful GPU and CPU if it only has a 60Hz monitor? What i mean is that even if you can play CS:GO at 250 fps, your monitor's refresh rate will lock it to 60 fps...

I hope you could answer me this noobie questions, im very intrigued :D

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Screen specs should be listed somewhere either at the manufacturer's website or online manual.

Depending on the capability of laptop in mind it could be possible to run a higher Hz monitor externally via HDMI, Displayport or USB-C.

May 5, 2019
Screen specs should be listed somewhere either at the manufacturer's website or online manual.

Oh I see, thx !

Depending on the capability of laptop in mind it could be possible to run a higher Hz monitor externally via HDMI, Displayport or USB-C.

Yeah that could be an option, but for an average user, i think it would kinda suck since most ppl just use the laptop's monitor, they also use it to travel and it wouldn't be very handy to have to bring an external display with you everywhere